MS adds a X to the end of there system and nobody bats an eye nintendo adds a U

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. MS adds a X to the end of there system and nobody bats an eye nintendo adds a U

User Info: MoreRpgs

MoreRpgs
4 weeks ago#11
Not even comparable.

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
4 weeks ago#12
Who didn't bat an eye? People were making fun of the name the day it was announced.
PS4 - Because it was the next gen console i was the most interested in.
Warrior - Because i usually pick the Warrior class in MMORPGs when i played them.

User Info: El_Zaggy

El_Zaggy
4 weeks ago#13
the x isnt a different gen. the u was.

User Info: colt85

colt85
4 weeks ago#14
"Sir, I would like to buy my grandson the new Xbox"

"Sure. Hey, bring over that XB1"

"No, he already has the first one, he wants the newest one!"

"But this is the newest one"

"Call your manager!!!"
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
3DS (2294 6040 1182) NNID (Calkubo)

User Info: Eoin

Eoin
4 weeks ago#15
colt85 posted...

"Sure. Hey, bring over that XB1"

"No, he already has the first one, he wants the newest one!"

"But this is the newest one"

"Call your manager!!!"

"Okay, here you are, that will be US$500"

"Thank you"

"No problem, have a good day"

The Wii U's branding issues mostly didn't happen at retail level. If someone is in a store willing to hand over money for a product the marketing and branding has worked. Problems and misunderstandings might still crop up from time to time but they will generally be easily solved.

User Info: Kyle1022

Kyle1022
4 weeks ago#16
Uh, what? I saw tons of people make fun of the Xbox One X's name.

That, and the situation isn't even the same. The original product is the Xbox One, the "enhanced" version is the Xbox One X. The Wii U isn't an "enhanced" version of the Wii, it was an entirely new console. But lots of people didn't know that because of the name.
GTX 980 | i7-4770k @ 4.0 GHz | 16gb RAM
Switch | Wii U | Wii | GC | N64 | SNES | NES | PSTV | PS4 | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | 360 | N3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC | Vita | PSP

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
4 weeks ago#17
lol nice job TC, you know how to troll the fanboys hard, you must be proud of yourself
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
4 weeks ago#18
False equivalence. Your argument is invalid.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: Jikkle

Jikkle
4 weeks ago#19
Most people thought the X was a stupid name for the Xbox One X as well and thought that it could cause confusion as well.

The difference is as already mentioned it's the Xbox One X is an actual upgrade to the Xbox One and not like the Wii U which was a new generation of Nintendo consoles. And the Xbox One X is being marketed as an enthusiast product so the people that they are going after will more than likely know the difference between the X and just a regular XB1 or S.

The Wii U name hurt the Wii U's sales but it wasn't the only thing that hurt it. The tablet controller just ultimately didn't bring much to the table in terms of gameplay experience unlike motion controls that opened the gameplay experience to a far broader audience and when done right did bring something new to the table.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. MS adds a X to the end of there system and nobody bats an eye nintendo adds a U

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived