People are actually saying Tropical Freeze was a bad game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. People are actually saying Tropical Freeze was a bad game?

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
4 weeks ago#31
LuigiFan835 posted...
ROB45 posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
Wario_man posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
If you say tropical freeze was a bad game then your opinion on anything is automatically completely invalid,

[citation needed]

The fact that it's a well-designed game

It is called subjective opinion. I am not proclaiming your opinion invalid for believing the game to be good. The game is average. Run of the mill. It is neither good, nor bad. Certainly not a worthy successor to the excellent classic trilogy, but also not a catastrophic insult to the series.

You can not like a game and still recognize that it's well-made. For example, I think Zelda OoT but I can see that it's a well-designed game.

Umm have you played it? The camera control is absolutely horrible.

User Info: Jumpmandk

Jumpmandk
4 weeks ago#32
SSjYagami posted...
DekuFireMage posted...
SSjYagami posted...
DekuFireMage posted...
SSjYagami posted...
Sorry your bad opinion is challenged

You're not really challenging anything though, you're just saying the game is bad and features in it are bad without giving any examples or explaining why.

Most people in here are just saying it is good without giving any examples or explaining why, so why should I? But I will.

Sounds suck (specifically the characters, very cartoony and childish, unlike the original trilogy which was a bit more realistic), music is forgettable but not bad, camera sucks, physics feel weird, and the enemies are boring.

How's that?

Yeah that's better, now you've started an up an actual argument with a challenging opinion.

But I don't actually care about TF or the DKC series that much so I'm not actually going to argue anything here.

Well that was anticlimactic.

That's what she said! Heyoooo. LOL

User Info: Braev

Braev
4 weeks ago#33
Haven't seen much hate for it, but then again I haven't read this board in a while.

I think it's an amazing game, one of the best platformers I've played.
There's a mystery to be uncovered here, that's for sure. And I get the feeling the truth is beyond my wildest imagination.

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
3 weeks ago#34
Jumpmandk posted...
SSjYagami posted...
DekuFireMage posted...
SSjYagami posted...
DekuFireMage posted...
SSjYagami posted...
Sorry your bad opinion is challenged

You're not really challenging anything though, you're just saying the game is bad and features in it are bad without giving any examples or explaining why.

Most people in here are just saying it is good without giving any examples or explaining why, so why should I? But I will.

Sounds suck (specifically the characters, very cartoony and childish, unlike the original trilogy which was a bit more realistic), music is forgettable but not bad, camera sucks, physics feel weird, and the enemies are boring.

How's that?

Yeah that's better, now you've started an up an actual argument with a challenging opinion.

But I don't actually care about TF or the DKC series that much so I'm not actually going to argue anything here.

Well that was anticlimactic.

That's what she said! Heyoooo. LOL

She has my condolences ;)
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.

User Info: Hell_Thrasher

Hell_Thrasher
3 weeks ago#35
SSjYagami posted...
Nobody in their right mind who has any taste even entertained the notion of TF being superior to DKC trilogy, especially DKC2.

It's superior to DKC 1 and 3, but not quite as good as 2. Retro has so far done a much better job with DK than Rare ever did (though DKC 1 is good, 2 is great, and 3 is... well... s***).
"If the anime doesn't make me question if I'm on cocaine, then it's not worth my time" - The greatest human being who ever lived.

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
3 weeks ago#36
Hell_Thrasher posted...
SSjYagami posted...
Nobody in their right mind who has any taste even entertained the notion of TF being superior to DKC trilogy, especially DKC2.

It's superior to DKC 1 and 3, but not quite as good as 2. Retro has so far done a much better job with DK than Rare ever did (though DKC 1 is good, 2 is great, and 3 is... well... s***).

In no way except graphically (though still not stylistically) is TF superior to any DKRare game. DKC1 is a masterpiece only outshined by the insanely good DKC2, DKC3 is certainly a weaker entry, down from the 10s to a "mere" 9.5/10. DKC3 gets too much s*** imo, and only because it came after DKC2.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.

User Info: Nintenking

Nintenking
3 weeks ago#37
I like TF more than I like DKC1, and about as much as I like DKC3.
Nintenking sits down and starts singing about Karma.

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
3 weeks ago#38
Anyone who says DKCTF is bad or okay has NOT played it
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
3 weeks ago#39
ROB45 posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
ROB45 posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
Wario_man posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
If you say tropical freeze was a bad game then your opinion on anything is automatically completely invalid,

[citation needed]

The fact that it's a well-designed game

It is called subjective opinion. I am not proclaiming your opinion invalid for believing the game to be good. The game is average. Run of the mill. It is neither good, nor bad. Certainly not a worthy successor to the excellent classic trilogy, but also not a catastrophic insult to the series.

You can not like a game and still recognize that it's well-made. For example, I think Zelda OoT but I can see that it's a well-designed game.

Umm have you played it? The camera control is absolutely horrible.

Not that bad, and far better than the camera in 64
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
3 weeks ago#40
All Wii U (exclusive) games were bad games.

That's why Wii U flopped but Switch is succeeding because of Super Mario Odyssey. Odyssey is the Nintendo game we've been waiting for.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. People are actually saying Tropical Freeze was a bad game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived