Wii U owners on this board who also have a Switch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U owners on this board who also have a Switch?

User Info: red_car

red_car
2 months ago#1
Do you have a Switch? - Results (185 votes)
Yes, I got one at launch
32.97% (61 votes)
Yes, I got one after launch
20% (37 votes)
Yes, I got one just recently
8.11% (15 votes)
No, but I'm getting one soon
5.41% (10 votes)
No, but I'm getting one eventually
15.68% (29 votes)
I'm not sure if I want one yet
7.57% (14 votes)
I don't want one
10.27% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'd like to get one at some point, although I've had my Wii U for only a year and a few months so I'll probably be ok for a while.
-----

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#2
I'm waiting it out for now, until the library/OS/apps are more robust. I'm cautiously optimistic, the Switch's future is anything but certain.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: FeiBenares

FeiBenares
2 months ago#3
I plan to get Switch this Black Friday or next year.
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Fanboy - http://tinyurl.com/ar7gbuu, Fanboy Wars- http://tinyurl.com/au4nbkh

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
2 months ago#4
Likely near the release of the upcoming Fire Emblem game.

User Info: SS4kronos33

SS4kronos33
2 months ago#5
yes i got one at launch. i preordered in january, got my wii u in february and then got my switch 1 month later. just started to use my switch about a month and a half ago. had to have it repaired already because of a crappy battery or power cord
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata (1959-2015).

User Info: Slave 1

Slave 1
2 months ago#6
I bought a Switch, but I'm currently sitting at zero games. Mario Odyssey will be my first.
Main objective is efficiency; life is inefficient; life hinders the main objective; life must be eliminated.

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
2 months ago#7
I got mine back in July as i had managed to save up enough for one. Currently only got a couple of games for it, still waiting for Mario Odyssey.

It's not going to make me abandon my Wii U at all though.
Wii U kicks the PS4's and Xbox One's ass

User Info: Mercenary12451

Mercenary12451
2 months ago#8
No because I only had my Wii U since December 2016 and have a backlog on it as well as a backlog on other systems. I want a Switch but it will be two or three years when a better game libary is out for it.

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
2 months ago#9
I was just never as exited about the Switch before it launched as I was for the Wii U, and now that it has been released. Big surprise. I am still not a fan of the Switch. Full portability is nice and all, but I know that I would never use it. Then what is left after that? A docked home console in the Switch with less appealing features than the Wii U and it's gamepad. The Switch not being able to do everything that the Wii U was capable of with the added full portability is a huge disappointment, because the portability at least to me does not make up for what has been lost.

So I am sure that I will probably break down and buy a Switch at some point, but nothing that I have seen so far is making me want to do that any time soon.

User Info: The Top Crusader

The Top Crusader
2 months ago#10
Got a Switch a few months ago, and a small handful of games. Haven't really used it much, basically got it for Mario Odyssey. Never know how stock will be, so figured might as well buy it when I have the chance instead of waiting for Mario Odyssey's release and potentially not being able to get a Switch.
--
-
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U owners on this board who also have a Switch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived