Wii U owners on this board who also have a Switch?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U owners on this board who also have a Switch?

User Info: ernieforss

ernieforss
4 weeks ago#11
i bought it at launch and still think wii u is better overall and has more games.

If they keep top sellers are ports wii u games, it shows the wii u was a pretty good system. (Mario will change that of course)

It's nice to have the option to take it on the go, but i'm really afraid i'll get mugged holding a switch purse in public. And i don't have someone to drive me around so i can't play it in the car.
I'm always 50% right all the time

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#12
Oh, and the fact that we're already seeing games like NBA2K18 that require additional space/downloads doesn't exactly make me want to run right out and get one. I'm very patient when it comes to console purchases, a good game/console doesn't suddenly become trash if you don't buy it day one, and you have the advantage of a more mature game library, generally cheaper consoles/games etc.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: red_car

red_car
4 weeks ago#13
Interesting results so far. It looks like there's a decent mixture of people voting for different options.

Anyway, is it a good idea to get a Switch if I'm not planning on using it for portable gaming? I used to play Game Boy on long road trips back when I was a kid but nowadays I mostly play games at home or at a friend's place since I'm usually busy whenever I'm out and about.
-----

User Info: yosheta

yosheta
4 weeks ago#14
I don't have a Switch, do plan to get it though around Black Friday and for when Xenoblade Chronicles 2 comes out.
Dohoho

User Info: snake_5036

snake_5036
4 weeks ago#15
I got one last month in a Gamestop bundle with Splat 2, Zelda + DLC, and MK8D.
You felt your sins weighing down on your neck.

User Info: The Great 0ne

The Great 0ne
4 weeks ago#16
I love my Switch. The portability of everything is amazing, and the games have finally rounded out to a nice selection (especially once Mario comes out.)

I still use the WiiU for Smash...but once that comes out I probably won't use it anymore :(
Sig.

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
4 weeks ago#17
im saving to gift me one on christmas
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
do not mention me, otherwise its grounds for modding for harassment, and put on ignored.

User Info: Cozy

Cozy
3 weeks ago#18
Yeah mate, I got my Switch on launch. I expected it to be a lot better tbh, only now is its library starting to get good.

I still play the Wii U though, got lots of games that I haven't even opened, lol. Just the ones I got on discount and that I never got around to. I'll probably be playing this console for a good more 2 years.
"Poop"
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: crs1989

crs1989
3 weeks ago#19
I don't have one and currently don't have any desire to get one. If the library expands and they get some exclusives I'll probably get one though. I hope they release a different version in the future like they do with most of their consoles. A"Switch Lite" or something.

User Info: digressive

digressive
3 weeks ago#20
I might get one eventually. Probably will end up with a PS4 before that.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U owners on this board who also have a Switch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.