Recommended games for 4 year old?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Recommended games for 4 year old?

User Info: robert_rangersu

robert_rangersu
2 months ago#1
I'm thinking of getting my son a Wii U for Christmas, seems like an ideal first console with it being semi portable and such. I'm thinking Wind Waker HD, he loved watching me playing BOTW but I feel it would be too difficult for him, he loves minecraft, any good sonic games or other suggestions?
PC, Xbox One, PS4 Pro.

User Info: Mercenary12451

Mercenary12451
2 months ago#2
I feel the puzzles on Wind Waker HD would be hard on him but other then that maybe he can just explore the game world while you can play the story. I don't think a 4 year old would be interested in the story anyways. The game is cheap enough at less then $20 so nothing to lose if you plan to play it as well.

Super Mario 3D world is pretty good but I only played a small portion of it myself so not sure how hard it will get. You may have to help him.

Mario Kart 8 for sure is fun but may have to keep it on the lower CC (difficulty) races when it comes to him.

There are some lego games everyone say is good but I have never played those. Maybe he will be into them?

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
2 months ago#3
Mario Party, kids can't get enough of the mini games
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: ParadiseRegaind

ParadiseRegaind
2 months ago#4
Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival. Very simple to play and charming. AC amiibo are cheap and easy to find.
Metroid Prime 4 and Metroid: Samus Returns. Thank you Nintendo!

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
2 months ago#5
ACAF, MP10, and WPU are good choices
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
2 months ago#6
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

User Info: tepid_goo

tepid_goo
2 months ago#7
Yoshi's Wooly World and New Super Mario Bros U would probably be good.

The Wii U's backwards compatibility should come in handy too, as there are A LOT of children's games for the Wii. The Wii even had ports of some of the Humongous Entertainment games, which are pretty popular for kids around that age (Spy Fox, Freddi Fish, Pajama Sam.)

User Info: Mercenary12451

Mercenary12451
2 months ago#8
ParadiseRegaind posted...
Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival. Very simple to play and charming. AC amiibo are cheap and easy to find.

Honestly I say just get Animal Crossing City Folk instead since the Wii U can play Wii games. He would just need to get a Wii Remote to play Wii games. This is all if TC does not already own a Wii of course.

User Info: ernieforss

ernieforss
2 months ago#9
mario kart

lego city undercover is fun to mess with, but some of the humor is adult humor. i doubt the 4 year old gets it, but hey if they are listening to any pop music it's the same thing.

Tadpole Treble is a cool downloadable music game. 5 levels are pretty easy and don't need that fast of reflexs. and the music is great.
I'm always 50% right all the time

User Info: Mop_it_up

Mop_it_up
2 months ago#10
Yoshi's Woolly World has a "Mellow Mode" that makes the game pretty easy, so that'd probably be a good choice. It can also be played with 2 players if you wanted to play with him.
"Who's applauding?" -My sister, whilst playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Mop_it_up?type=posted
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Recommended games for 4 year old?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived