Do you agree with the statement that the Wii U is the modern Dreamcast?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you agree with the statement that the Wii U is the modern Dreamcast?

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
2 months ago#1
I've heard some people say this
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: colt85

colt85
2 months ago#2
*user makes a topic saying TF wasn't a good game*

*TC makes a topic about it*

*user makes a topic calling WiiU the DC*

*TC makes a topic about it*

Why don't you just post in said topics?
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
3DS (2294 6040 1182) NNID (Calkubo)

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
2 months ago#3
No. Dreamcast was better in every way for its time, Wii U was just Wii U.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.

User Info: este914

este914
2 months ago#4
I think the DC had more enjoyable games overall. Different time period too so it's hard to accurately compare because we are all in different times of our lives now. (The U coming way later so our tastes and ability to enjoy games like before has changed) Well at least I've had more DC games then Wii U games I was interested in.
--
-

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
2 months ago#5
No.

The Dreamcast had lots of great games in a short period of time. There was also a sort of mad desperation behind SEGA's creative output. They were willing to try anything to see what stuck (Jet Set Radio, Seaman, Space Channel 5, etc.). And of course, it ultimately led to SEGA going third party.

The Wii U on the other hand had only a handful of great games over a longer period of time. Nintendo, for the most part, played it pretty safe with their first party output. Splatoon is a notable exception to this; it feels very "Dreamcast". And of course, the Wii U led to the Switch which has the makings of a great success (though it is still early).
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: masticatingman

masticatingman
2 months ago#6
If the Wii U had actually killed off Nintendo like the Dreamcast did Sega, then there would be more of an argument there. Really hard to compare since Nintendo was NOT in fear of dying no matter what happened and because of that, they released a lot of their killer apps on the 3DS instead of the Wii U and it seems like they kinda just moved on internally as a company after Mario Kart and Super Smash came out.
I don't really like to dispute facts, just rearrange them as necessary. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

User Info: Mr_Rudd

Mr_Rudd
2 months ago#7
No. The Dreamcast was the most powerful console when it came out and introduced many features and concepts that were adopted by later systems, many even becoming the norm. The U was underpowered from the beginning, and was utterly ignored by the competition.

User Info: Joshjosh022

Joshjosh022
2 months ago#8
I would say that the dreamcast is the modern dreamcast, considering it was only 17 years ago

User Info: macknifficent89

macknifficent89
2 months ago#9
no.

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
2 months ago#10
este914 posted...
I think the DC had more enjoyable games overall. Different time period too so it's hard to accurately compare because we are all in different times of our lives now. (The U coming way later so our tastes and ability to enjoy games like before has changed) Well at least I've had more DC games then Wii U games I was interested in.

i have over 100 games for dc and i dont agree it had more enjoyable games.
it did have its share of exclusives, but most people that praise the dc's library are probably doing it on nostalgia.

several of the games i have are ports of older games (re2, re3, dino crisis) or downgraded ports of pc games (unreal tournament, quake 3).

sure, some of the ports have their best version on the dc, including same-time releases, but as far as exclusive made-FOR-dc games, its lackluster.

SOA 1 and 2, while good games, they were plagued with a lot of bugs (nothing gamebreaking, as far as i could tell).
timestalkers is, imo, not a very good rpg. evolution 1 and 2 were pretty good (and i dont like dungeon crawlers that much, but the characters were fun).
skies of arcadia however, is one of my favorites. too bad i have the gamecube enhanced port so my dc copy is collecting dust ever since i bought legends. inferior sound quality doesnt hold a candle to the metric f***ton of extras in legends.

i could go on but im tired.

there were also some truly truly awful dc exclusives. like spirit of speed, sonic shuffle (the minigames are some of the worst things ive played) and that god-awful soul fighter.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
do not mention me, otherwise its grounds for modding for harassment, and put on ignored.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you agree with the statement that the Wii U is the modern Dreamcast?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived