Do you agree with the statement that the Wii U is the modern Dreamcast?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you agree with the statement that the Wii U is the modern Dreamcast?

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
3 weeks ago#11
Sonic Shuffle is not as bad as people say. Sure Mario Party was better but Sonic Shuffle was still fun and had good music. The only problems were the AI and loading times
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
3 weeks ago#12
i know people who actively enjoy bad games. and they have their opinion. but it doesnt take the fact they are bad games.

i personally enjoy saint seiya games on ps3/4. despite recieving average to mediocre reviews. im a big ss fangirl, so i like them even f i know the games are not so good.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
do not mention me, otherwise its grounds for modding for harassment, and put on ignored.

User Info: Mr_Rudd

Mr_Rudd
3 weeks ago#13
dr_zomberg posted...
este914 posted...
I think the DC had more enjoyable games overall. Different time period too so it's hard to accurately compare because we are all in different times of our lives now. (The U coming way later so our tastes and ability to enjoy games like before has changed) Well at least I've had more DC games then Wii U games I was interested in.

i have over 100 games for dc and i dont agree it had more enjoyable games.
it did have its share of exclusives, but most people that praise the dc's library are probably doing it on nostalgia.

several of the games i have are ports of older games (re2, re3, dino crisis) or downgraded ports of pc games (unreal tournament, quake 3).

sure, some of the ports have their best version on the dc, including same-time releases, but as far as exclusive made-FOR-dc games, its lackluster.

SOA 1 and 2, while good games, they were plagued with a lot of bugs (nothing gamebreaking, as far as i could tell).
timestalkers is, imo, not a very good rpg. evolution 1 and 2 were pretty good (and i dont like dungeon crawlers that much, but the characters were fun).
skies of arcadia however, is one of my favorites. too bad i have the gamecube enhanced port so my dc copy is collecting dust ever since i bought legends. inferior sound quality doesnt hold a candle to the metric f***ton of extras in legends.

i could go on but im tired.

there were also some truly truly awful dc exclusives. like spirit of speed, sonic shuffle (the minigames are some of the worst things ive played) and that god-awful soul fighter.

Lackluster? Aside from the games you listed, it had the Shenmues, Rez, Jet Set Radio, Virtua Tennis, Sega GT, PSO, Grandia II, RE: Code Veronica, Ecco, and a couple of overlooked gems like Elemental Gimmick Gear.

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
3 weeks ago#14
Mr_Rudd posted...
dr_zomberg posted...
este914 posted...
I think the DC had more enjoyable games overall. Different time period too so it's hard to accurately compare because we are all in different times of our lives now. (The U coming way later so our tastes and ability to enjoy games like before has changed) Well at least I've had more DC games then Wii U games I was interested in.

it did have its share of exclusives, but most people that praise the dc's library are probably doing it on nostalgia.

several of the games i have are ports of older games (re2, re3, dino crisis) or downgraded ports of pc games (unreal tournament, quake 3).

sure, some of the ports have their best version on the dc, including same-time releases, but as far as exclusive made-FOR-dc games, its lackluster.

SOA 1 and 2, while good games, they were plagued with a lot of bugs (nothing gamebreaking, as far as i could tell).
timestalkers is, imo, not a very good rpg. evolution 1 and 2 were pretty good (and i dont like dungeon crawlers that much, but the characters were fun).
skies of arcadia however, is one of my favorites. too bad i have the gamecube enhanced port so my dc copy is collecting dust ever since i bought legends. inferior sound quality doesnt hold a candle to the metric f***ton of extras in legends.

there were also some truly truly awful dc exclusives. like spirit of speed, sonic shuffle (the minigames are some of the worst things ive played) and that god-awful soul fighter.

Lackluster? Aside from the games you listed, it had the Shenmues, Rez, Jet Set Radio, Virtua Tennis, Sega GT, PSO, Grandia II, RE: Code Veronica, Ecco, and a couple of overlooked gems like Elemental Gimmick Gear.

Sonic Shuffle is okay, just pales compared to Mario Party. Soulcalibur still holds up today. That "girl" is crazy. Plenty more great games, like Seaman and Sonic Adventure series. It was unique and fun.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.

dr_zomberg
3 weeks ago#15
Mr_Rudd posted...
dr_zomberg posted...
este914 posted...

Lackluster? Aside from the games you listed, it had the Shenmues, Rez, Jet Set Radio, Sega GT, PSO, Grandia II, RE: Code Veronica, Ecco, and a couple of overlooked gems like Elemental Gimmick Gear.

all those exclusives (back then) vs:

re 2
re 3
unreal tournament
dino crisis
soldier of fortune (the long load times kills a lot of the fun factor in this port)
102 dalmatians
toy story buzz lightyear something
gauntlet legends
quake 3
star wars ep 1 racer
jedi power battles
marvel vs capcom
mvc2
hidden and dangerous
south park rally
south park chef's luv shack
shadowman
mortal kombat 4 (gold)
tomb raider last revelation
tomb raider chronicles
f1 world grand prix.
nightmare creatures 2
should i go on?

theres 74 games exclusive (at the time) for the dreamcast.
of those, 54 were released on the US.
there were 636 games released for the DC
of those, 248 were released in the US.

almost 200 of the NTSC games are multiplat.

ignoring personal preference:

sonic shuffle: boring
shenmue: great
evolution: boring
evolution 2: boring
jet set radio: awesome
crazy taxi: great, but very restrictive (because arcade port)
soul calibur: f***ing AMAZING
skies of arcadia: great
soul fighter: f***ing awful
spawn: meh
timestalkers: *snores*
power stone: great
power stone 2: excellent
berserk guts rage: eh, couldve been better (controls are atrocious, and it hurts me to criticize this game)
code veronica: the backtracking was very tiring, other than that a great game.
the soa games: good but buggy and clunky at times.

ive grown tired of listing them but you get the idea. (i hope).
and dont get me wrong. i LOVE my dreamcast. every september 9 i sleep with it on my bed, hugging it.
but saying it was a perfect machine that did no wrong, is a lie, and a delusion. i dont have nostalgia because i collect. many of the games i have i bought in their time, and still play. so i know whats good or bad with no nostalgia.
do not mention me, otherwise its grounds for modding for harassment, and put on ignored.

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
3 weeks ago#16
dr_zomberg posted...
saying [Dreamcast] was a perfect machine that did no wrong, is a lie, and a delusion.

Nobody said that.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.

User Info: Mr_Rudd

Mr_Rudd
3 weeks ago#17
dr_zomberg posted...
all those exclusives (back then) vs:

re 2
re 3
unreal tournament
dino crisis
soldier of fortune (the long load times kills a lot of the fun factor in this port)
102 dalmatians
toy story buzz lightyear something
gauntlet legends
quake 3
star wars ep 1 racer
jedi power battles
marvel vs capcom
mvc2
hidden and dangerous
south park rally
south park chef's luv shack
shadowman
mortal kombat 4 (gold)
tomb raider last revelation
tomb raider chronicles
f1 world grand prix.
nightmare creatures 2
should i go on?

theres 74 games exclusive (at the time) for the dreamcast.
of those, 54 were released on the US.
there were 636 games released for the DC
of those, 248 were released in the US.

almost 200 of the NTSC games are multiplat.

ignoring personal preference:

sonic shuffle: boring
shenmue: great
evolution: boring
evolution 2: boring
jet set radio: awesome
crazy taxi: great, but very restrictive (because arcade port)
soul calibur: f***ing AMAZING
skies of arcadia: great
soul fighter: f***ing awful
spawn: meh
timestalkers: *snores*
power stone: great
power stone 2: excellent
berserk guts rage: eh, couldve been better (controls are atrocious, and it hurts me to criticize this game)
code veronica: the backtracking was very tiring, other than that a great game.
the soa games: good but buggy and clunky at times.

ive grown tired of listing them but you get the idea. (i hope).
and dont get me wrong. i LOVE my dreamcast. every september 9 i sleep with it on my bed, hugging it.
but saying it was a perfect machine that did no wrong, is a lie, and a delusion. i dont have nostalgia because i collect. many of the games i have i bought in their time, and still play. so i know whats good or bad with no nostalgia.

Sorry, but I honestly don't get what's the point you're trying to make. My argument was that the Dreamcast had more good games than the U, and you strengthened it by listing a bunch of good DC games I hadn't mentioned. So what are you trying to say?

dr_zomberg
3 weeks ago#18
can you name the good wu games regardless of personal preference?
because there will roughly be the same amount of actual good games on both systems.

User Info: cookiegangster

cookiegangster
3 weeks ago#19
Dreamcast has Grandia 2, so no. Wii U is the modern......I don't even know? Barely anyone knew the Wii U existed and barely anyone will remember it.

User Info: este914

este914
3 weeks ago#20
dr_zomberg posted...
can you name the good wu games regardless of personal preference?
because there will roughly be the same amount of actual good games on both systems.

This I probably agree with. Top tier quality at least. But again, different times so how we compare the 2 will be skewed.
--
-
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you agree with the statement that the Wii U is the modern Dreamcast?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived