Do you agree with the statement that the Wii U is the modern Dreamcast?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you agree with the statement that the Wii U is the modern Dreamcast?

User Info: CherryTsundere

CherryTsundere
3 weeks ago#21
Not.

At.

All.

Like.

Not.

Even.

Close.
Blow all my friendships, to sit in hell with you~
Actually Rebecca would most likely like me

User Info: Dark_SilverX

Dark_SilverX
3 weeks ago#22
The only good games on the Wii U were Smash Bros and Mario Kart. Mario Kart 8 has a more refined and polished remaster on the Switch.
Cuckle doodle doo

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
3 weeks ago#23
este914 posted...
dr_zomberg posted...
can you name the good wu games regardless of personal preference?
because there will roughly be the same amount of actual good games on both systems.

This I probably agree with. Top tier quality at least. But again, different times so how we compare the 2 will be skewed.

Dreamcast edges it out imo.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.

User Info: MotleyKhon

MotleyKhon
3 weeks ago#24
No, dreamcast actually had a libary, rather than a handful of games.
Liked From Software before they were cool.
3DS FC :3368-1249-0145

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
3 weeks ago#25
MotleyKhon posted...
No, dreamcast actually had a libary, rather than a handful of games.

The Wii U has a larger library than the Dreamcast.

User Info: Cubby

Cubby
3 weeks ago#26
No. If anything it's more like the Turbo Grafx 16 just look at the check list.

1. A slight upgrade from the gen before.

2. Not exactly built gamer friendly out of the box. (Though it was more friendly then the TG16)

3. The graphics ranged from truly last gen, to slightly upgraded, to something comparable with this gen.

4. introduced console gamers to a new experience out of the box. (The Wii U gamepad for the U, and eventually later for the TG16. introduced CD gaming to console gaming, believe TG won this round)

5. Brought a lot of unique games not found on the other systems to the party(TG16 had some games some of you all probably have never heard of before, by small Japanese companies, and Wii U, had well Nintendo games.)

6. Missed out on a lot of the bigger third party games you probably have heard of.

I would say that is a far more comparable list.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#27
The two aren't comparable at all, the Dreamcast was a very powerful, well designed console for the time (with the exception of the baffling decision to run the cord out of the BOTTOM of the controller for some reason), and saw a ton of great first/third-party releases during its short life, with some influential titles such as Shenmue. It was only run out of the market due to Playstation brand loyalty, and the fact that the PS2 had DVD playback, at a time when standalone DVD players were still expensive.

The Wii-U on the other hand, while it had some great games here and there, wasn't nearly as technically impressive as its competitors, while retailing for nearly the same price. It also featured probably the most expensive main controller a console has ever had ($150), while very very few developers actually took advantage of this large, awkward controller. Also, due to its competitors offering far more power, and being more conducive to assisting third-party developers, we had third-party support that want from tepid to nearly non-existent very quickly.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#28
dr_zomberg posted...
can you name the good wu games regardless of personal preference?
because there will roughly be the same amount of actual good games on both systems.

If we're talking objectively, the Dreamcast has far more critically lauded games than the Wii-U, it's no contest. Of course this doesn't take subjective taste into account, but if you asked the gaming community at large I feel confident that 9/10 people would say the Dreamcast had the superior library all around.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
3 weeks ago#29
JKatarn posted...
I feel confident that 9/10 people would say the Dreamcast had the superior library all around.

likewise, i feel confident half the people you ask will not have owned a dc, or still owns one.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
do not mention me, otherwise its grounds for modding for harassment, and put on ignored.

User Info: NES_Gamer1988

NES_Gamer1988
3 weeks ago#30
Dreamcast is superior I would take its library over wii u's library in a heartbeat.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you agree with the statement that the Wii U is the modern Dreamcast?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived