Do you agree with the statement that the Wii U is the modern Dreamcast?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you agree with the statement that the Wii U is the modern Dreamcast?

User Info: Erics84

Erics84
4 weeks ago#61
dr_zomberg posted...
Erics84 posted...
dr_zomberg posted...
this blind fanboyism for the dc is getting annoying. accept the fact the dreamcast´s legacy was good, not great, and move on.

Or maybe you should just accept that many love the Dreamcast and their opinion is perfectly valid.

i love the dc too, you know. but im not a blind fangirl of it.

Nobody's saying it's perfect. People are just saying that it was a great system and better than the Wii U.

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
4 weeks ago#62
Erics84 posted...

Nobody's saying it's perfect. People are just saying that it was a great system and better than the Wii U.

Yeah, that's what's he's not getting.
"Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man name!" - MF DOOM

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
3 weeks ago#63
Erics84 posted...
dr_zomberg posted...
Erics84 posted...
dr_zomberg posted...
this blind fanboyism for the dc is getting annoying. accept the fact the dreamcast´s legacy was good, not great, and move on.

Or maybe you should just accept that many love the Dreamcast and their opinion is perfectly valid.

i love the dc too, you know. but im not a blind fangirl of it.

He doesn't want to understand that, let him be.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.

User Info: PoorRetroGamer

PoorRetroGamer
3 weeks ago#64
Dreamcast had a far better support from SEGA and from third parties than the WiiU.

Nintendo killed WiiU silently, releasing only a few games and delaying Zelda for the Switch launch.

Its hard to trust this company after what they did to this console.

I miss the Nintendo of the N64 days, when they did a lot to keep their fan base. They made many mistakes that era, like the 64DD and cancelling Mother 3, but they tried hard to make the best games of the generation.

And Rare was there too.

Not only Nintendo lost the touch to make great games (with few exceptions), but they dont have a 2nd party studio comparable to what Rare was.

Retro and Monolith Soft dont come even close to what Rare meant to the N64.

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
3 weeks ago#65
PoorRetroGamer posted...
Dreamcast had a far better support from SEGA and from third parties than the WiiU.

Nintendo killed WiiU silently, releasing only a few games and delaying Zelda for the Switch launch.

Its hard to trust this company after what they did to this console.

I miss the Nintendo of the N64 days, when they did a lot to keep their fan base. They made many mistakes that era, like the 64DD and cancelling Mother 3, but they tried hard to make the best games of the generation.

And Rare was there too.

Not only Nintendo lost the touch to make great games (with few exceptions), but they dont have a 2nd party studio comparable to what Rare was.

Retro and Monolith Soft dont come even close to what Rare meant to the N64.

HAL?

User Info: legefy

legefy
3 weeks ago#66
The DC had a specific genre niche that it was used for way after the system "died" What lasting impact will the Wii U have?
I need power over the people! The stupid, stupid people!

User Info: IIINCORRUPTIBLE

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
2 weeks ago#67
legefy posted...
The DC had a specific genre niche that it was used for way after the system "died" What lasting impact will the Wii U have?

It doesn't need to have a lasting impression on people to be a great console... I went through the roster of the exclusives and it has a ton of great games. It will be more like an interesting artifact that a console that goes down as one of the greatest, which is why I just recently got one.

The price for a new version has skyrocketed to 550 or 600 bucks, and it's only going to get worse. I think the Switch (could) be far greater, but just because the U doesn't have good recognition doesn't mean it doesn't have excellent games.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
2 weeks ago#68
The Dreamcast actually had good games.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: slymshady

slymshady
2 weeks ago#69
No, dreamcast had a few good exclusives but was a glorified PSone port machine

Wii U had terrific exclusives with unique controls and that will only see the light of day again if developers water down the games and remove the tablet features

Loved my dreamcast but I threw out my dreamcast stuff years ago as the few games I liked got superior ports elsewhere. No sense in keeping excess clutter lying around

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
2 weeks ago#70
slymshady posted...
No, dreamcast had a few good exclusives but was a glorified PSone port machine

Wii U had terrific exclusives with unique controls and that will only see the light of day again if developers water down the games and remove the tablet features

Loved my dreamcast but I threw out my dreamcast stuff years ago as the few games I liked got superior ports elsewhere. No sense in keeping excess clutter lying around

PS1 port machine? What?
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you agree with the statement that the Wii U is the modern Dreamcast?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived