what are the chances of us getting Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire on Wii U VC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. what are the chances of us getting Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire on Wii U VC?

User Info: Zikten

Zikten
2 months ago#1
since the 3ds doesn't do GBA games, would they ever release those on here? ever since Gold and Silver dropped, I have been thinking about this. It's the next logical step in the pokemon VC series. and I hope it doesn't get overlooked. I never actually got to play the original Ruby and Sapphire

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
2 months ago#2
Probably 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance but I could be wrong
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

Zikten
2 months ago#3
well I think I remember people saying Gold and Silver would never come, so I hope your wrong. I would pay to play these. hell they could charge 15 or 20 dollars and I would probably still do it

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
2 months ago#4
Pretty low. Even though the U still gets the occasional VC release, i don't think Nintendo would bother to release it for the system. Not to mention trading would be impossible, or at the very least so in-convenient it would be pointless.

I'd say it's more likely Nintendo will release it on the Switch eventually instead.
Wii U kicks the PS4's and Xbox One's ass

User Info: Erics84

Erics84
2 months ago#5
Zikten posted...
since the 3ds doesn't do GBA games, would they ever release those on here? ever since Gold and Silver dropped, I have been thinking about this. It's the next logical step in the pokemon VC series.

Nope. The next logical step is Crystal.

Zikten posted...
I never actually got to play the original Ruby and Sapphire

That explains why you would want a rerelease of the game that caused Pokemon to jump the shark.

User Info: crs1989

crs1989
2 months ago#6
We will most likely not see it on the U. I wouldn't hold out hope for any sort of VC release at all because we received ORAS on 3DS in 2014.

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
2 months ago#7
I doubt we see it on Wii U because there would be no trading element (a big part of the games) + Wii U is kind of dead.

We won't see it on 3ds because the only gba games on 3ds are ambassador titles released only to very few early 3ds owners and it was only like 10 games. They aren't getting re-released either.

If we get them it will be on Switch. But even that isn't 100% certain.
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: brando67854321

brando67854321
2 months ago#8
SaturnSnowman posted...
I doubt we see it on Wii U because there would be no trading element (a big part of the games) + Wii U is kind of dead.

No s*** sherlock

We won't see it on 3ds because the only gba games on 3ds are ambassador titles released only to very few early 3ds owners and it was only like 10 games. They aren't getting re-released either.

OH YEAH SURE even though no ambassador would cares about that program at this point. but knowing nintendo we're more likely to see VIRTUAL BOY GAMES on 3ds.
http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-trademarks-japanese-version-of-virtual-boy-wario-land/
I will admit vb games would be kinda cool on 3ds if done correctly but vb games on 3ds BEFORE gba games? no just no.

If we get them it will be on Switch. But even that isn't 100% certain.

Despite the switch being a hybrid, I wouldn't be surprised at all if gba vc on switch lacks multiplayer..... again. so no. and even if we had gba games (on new 3ds) they will probably not put gen 3 pokemon games on there anyway because of omega ruby and alpha sapphire. don't agree with me everyone? more power too ya!

Zikten
2 months ago#9
nintendo will figure something out. VC ruby and sapphire is way too big a cash cow. it will exist someday on some system
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. what are the chances of us getting Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire on Wii U VC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived