What is the best first game to get for the console?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What is the best first game to get for the console?

User Info: IIINCORRUPTIBLE

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
2 months ago#1
Hello folks, I am curious what you think is the best first game, or first three games to get, for the Wii U. Super Mario 3D World is likely a top 3 for me, but any other suggestions?

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
2 months ago#2
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition is easily the best game on the system. I would go with that.

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
2 months ago#3
ROB45 posted...
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition is easily the best game on the system. I would go with that.

My bad, let me clarify. I'm looking mostly for the Nintendo exclusives like Mario, Zelda, etc. I heard Mass Effect is great, but never got into it because I'm the type of person that doesn't play RPG's unless I start them from the first game...

User Info: digressive

digressive
2 months ago#4
If you don't have a switch or plan on getting one anytime soon, Breath of the Wild is an obvious choice.

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
2 months ago#5
IIINCORRUPTIBLE posted...
ROB45 posted...

My bad, let me clarify. I'm looking mostly for the Nintendo exclusives like Mario, Zelda, etc. I heard Mass Effect is great, but never got into it because I'm the type of person that doesn't play RPG's unless I start them from the first game...

Seems a strange self imposed limitation. I'm sure google has a list of what you seek.

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
2 months ago#6
digressive posted...
If you don't have a switch or plan on getting one anytime soon, Breath of the Wild is an obvious choice.

I was absolutely planning on waiting until I get a Switch for the new Zelda, since I imagined it would look a little better from a graphical standpoint.

User Info: Cubby

Cubby
2 months ago#7
Super Mario 3D World

Treasure Tracker(Captain Toad, I believe)

Bayonetta 2(Try for the one that comes packed with the first one)

Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD

Super Mario U+ Luigi U

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Paper Mario: Color Splash(A lot of people did not like this one, I don't know why, I enjoyed it, it's not perfect, but it's not bad either.)

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
2 months ago#8
Cubby posted...
Super Mario 3D World

Treasure Tracker(Captain Toad, I believe)

Bayonetta 2(Try for the one that comes packed with the first one)

Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD

Super Mario U+ Luigi U

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Paper Mario: Color Splash(A lot of people did not like this one, I don't know why, I enjoyed it, it's not perfect, but it's not bad either.)

The Toad game I am definitely getting because it's like the only solo Toad game in Nintendo history I think, but is it really better than stuff like Mario Kart 8, Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Star Fox Zero?

User Info: Alphrin

Alphrin
2 months ago#9
digressive posted...

I was absolutely planning on waiting until I get a Switch for the new Zelda, since I imagined it would look a little better from a graphical standpoint.

The graphical difference is really negligible. If you're planning to wait more than a month to get a Switch, I'd say it's not worth the wait.

On the other hand, the improvements made to Mario Kart 8 on the Switch are much more important and the price for the Switch version is a way better bargain, so definitely wait for that.

Anyway, my list is:

1. Super Mario 3D World
2. Breath of the Wild (unless you're getting a Switch within the next month)
3. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
2 months ago#10
Alphrin posted...
digressive posted...

The graphical difference is really negligible. If you're planning to wait more than a month to get a Switch, I'd say it's not worth the wait.

On the other hand, the improvements made to Mario Kart 8 on the Switch are much more important and the price for the Switch version is a way better bargain, so definitely wait for that.

Anyway, my list is:

1. Super Mario 3D World
2. Breath of the Wild (unless you're getting a Switch within the next month)
3. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Mario Kart 8 is on Switch? Then I'll wait to get it on there... But with Breath of the Wild, it is absolutely going to be the Switch for me... I recently bought the Wii U to play the exclusives, but also the Wii games...

What do you think of Star Fox in the place of Wii U Breath of the Wild?
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What is the best first game to get for the console?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived