What is the best first game to get for the console?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What is the best first game to get for the console?

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#11
IIINCORRUPTIBLE posted...
digressive posted...
If you don't have a switch or plan on getting one anytime soon, Breath of the Wild is an obvious choice.

I was absolutely planning on waiting until I get a Switch for the new Zelda, since I imagined it would look a little better from a graphical standpoint.

It's very slightly cleaner, and it runs better in some instances, and worse than the Wii-U in others. Nothing to lose sleep over, but if you want portable BoTW, Switch is the way to go of course. I wouldn't buy a Switch just for Zelda though as the Wii-U versions is nearly identical on a technical level.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: IIINCORRUPTIBLE

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
2 months ago#12
JKatarn posted...
digressive posted...
If you don't have a switch or plan on getting one anytime soon, Breath of the Wild is an obvious choice.

I was absolutely planning on waiting until I get a Switch for the new Zelda, since I imagined it would look a little better from a graphical standpoint.

It's very slightly cleaner, and it runs better in some instances, and worse than the Wii-U in others. Nothing to lose sleep over, but if you want portable BoTW, Switch is the way to go of course. I wouldn't buy a Switch just for Zelda though as the Wii-U versions is nearly identical on a technical level.

Definitely not getting it for one game...

User Info: crs1989

crs1989
2 months ago#13
JKatarn posted...
digressive posted...

Definitely not getting it for one game...

So you're going to wait until some exclusives come out for the Switch, instead of getting repackaged games with DLC aka "Deluxe" versions?

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
2 months ago#14
Hey Starfox Zero is really nice. I highly recommend that one. Also Super Smash Bros and Super Mario Maker.

User Info: FeiBenares

FeiBenares
2 months ago#15
ZombiU
Need for Speed: Most Wanted U
The Wonderful 101
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Fanboy - http://tinyurl.com/ar7gbuu, Fanboy Wars- http://tinyurl.com/au4nbkh

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
2 months ago#16
not exclusive, but better on wu:

zombiu. the "online" aspect of the main game lets you kill zombified players and loot their corpses. usually they have something good.
plus, survivor mode is intense.

new super mario bros, a classic mario bros game.
new super luigi U, same game, but with luigi, and harder.
bayonetta (get the edition that has both games)
super smash bros
mario kart 8 (or wait for the switch version if you have the patience, still a good game)
super mario maker (an imperative)
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
do not mention me, otherwise its grounds for modding for harassment, and put on ignored.

User Info: Alphrin

Alphrin
2 months ago#17
Alphrin posted...
digressive posted...

The graphical difference is really negligible. If you're planning to wait more than a month to get a Switch, I'd say it's not worth the wait.

On the other hand, the improvements made to Mario Kart 8 on the Switch are much more important and the price for the Switch version is a way better bargain, so definitely wait for that.

Anyway, my list is:

1. Super Mario 3D World
2. Breath of the Wild (unless you're getting a Switch within the next month)
3. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Mario Kart 8 is on Switch? Then I'll wait to get it on there... But with Breath of the Wild, it is absolutely going to be the Switch for me... I recently bought the Wii U to play the exclusives, but also the Wii games...

What do you think of Star Fox in the place of Wii U Breath of the Wild?

Star Fox Zero is okay, but not great. It's fun if you can get used to the motion controls, and the walker mode is pretty cool. I'd recommend a lot of other games before it, though.

If you're dead set against BotW on Wii U then I'd say you should get Splatoon, Pikmin 3, or Smash Bros. They are very different games but are great at what they do, so depending on what type of game you prefer then just go with one of them.

User Info: Mercenary12451

Mercenary12451
2 months ago#18
Xenoblade Chronicles X is a great game and you don't need to play the Wii Xenoblade Chronicles to understand the game story. Might not be the best first game but should still be in the top five for me at least. If you got at least 100 hours to spare then it is worth it.

User Info: OboyHowdy

OboyHowdy
2 months ago#19
Nintendo Land, Zombi U, Star Fox 2-Pack, Mario Maker, and Affordable Space Adventures.

Embrace the Pad! Embrace it!
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What is the best first game to get for the console?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived