What is the best first game to get for the console?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What is the best first game to get for the console?

User Info: IIINCORRUPTIBLE

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
2 months ago#21
Does anyone know if Injustice Gods Among Us goes online where you can fight other people?

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
2 months ago#22
crs1989 posted...
IIINCORRUPTIBLE posted...
JKatarn posted...
digressive posted...
If you don't have a switch or plan on getting one anytime soon, Breath of the Wild is an obvious choice.

I was absolutely planning on waiting until I get a Switch for the new Zelda, since I imagined it would look a little better from a graphical standpoint.

It's very slightly cleaner, and it runs better in some instances, and worse than the Wii-U in others. Nothing to lose sleep over, but if you want portable BoTW, Switch is the way to go of course. I wouldn't buy a Switch just for Zelda though as the Wii-U versions is nearly identical on a technical level.

Definitely not getting it for one game...

So you're going to wait until some exclusives come out for the Switch, instead of getting repackaged games with DLC aka "Deluxe" versions?

I have no idea what games I'm getting for Switch other than Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, and (since I read this topic) Mario Kart 8. I'm sure Nintendo will deliver great exclusives like they always do.

I'd really like to see a new Donkey Kong Country with ONLINE CO-OP. That's one thing I haven't like about Nintendo with the Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U which is their lack of online play compared with other consoles.

DKC online with perfectly smooth 2 player co-op would be sick, and they could have easily done that with Tropical Freeze (at the latest).

User Info: Cubby

Cubby
2 months ago#23
Cubby posted...
Super Mario 3D World

Treasure Tracker(Captain Toad, I believe)

Bayonetta 2(Try for the one that comes packed with the first one)

Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD

Super Mario U+ Luigi U

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Paper Mario: Color Splash(A lot of people did not like this one, I don't know why, I enjoyed it, it's not perfect, but it's not bad either.)

The Toad game I am definitely getting because it's like the only solo Toad game in Nintendo history I think, but is it really better than stuff like Mario Kart 8, Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Star Fox Zero?

Mario Kart 8 you can get on the Switch when you get it, though technically it's one of the best games on the Wii U period, Tropical Freeze depends on how much you liked the DKC games, if the answer is a lot, then put it ahead of Toad, Hyrule Warriors, depends on how much you love Zelda, and Dynasty Warriors, personally it's one of my favorites, but you really, really have to love the Warriors series as much, if not more than Zelda, otherwise it may not appeal to you, or it might, never know until you try it, personally, considering what the two games are, and their genres, I would say yes Toad is as good as Hyrule Warriors, and might be better if your into puzzle platforming type games. Star Fox is a Abort Mission. It's okay, but nothing great, I would play Toad, hell even the Paper Mario Color Splash I suggested past that any day of the week.

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
2 months ago#24
Cubby posted...
Zelda

1) All three of the original RARE SNES Donkey Kong Country video games are some of my all time favorites, and I found DKC Returns to be rather solid as well, so I already have Tropical Freeze (and it's good).

2) Both Zelda remakes are guaranteed for me, especially since Wind Waker is a Nintendo Select item at 20 bucks.

3) Toad Game is guaranteed, since it's the first ever Toad spinoffs.

4) Hyrule Warriors is guaranteed later.

5) Dynasty Warriors is a no; since I don't play those titles.

6) Whatever the biggest, best, and most updated version of Monster Hunter is, I will get, unless there is a sequel for the Switch when I get it.

7) Splatoon 1 is guaranteed, despite part 2 is coming out on Switch.

8) Paper Mario is likely, but I'd like to play the previous PM games first.

9) Star Fox is absolutely 10 billion percent guaranteed for me, and will likely be one of the next 2 I get.

10 Yoshi's Wooly World is guaranteed.

Most Wii U exclusives are guaranteed, and I will be getting some Wii games for it as well.

11) Mario Kart 8 I will get on Switch with the superior version.

12) New Mario Brothers and Luigi U is guaranteed.

13) Breath of the Wild I will also get for Switch and I got Nintendoland with the system.

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
2 months ago#25
Do you have any really obscure recommendations I'm not thinking of?

User Info: Lailah66

Lailah66
2 months ago#26
No doubt, Xenoblade Chronicles X. Bought it on a whim with no knowledge and the world blew me away. It's an immersive time sink.

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
2 months ago#27
Lailah66 posted...
No doubt, Xenoblade Chronicles X. Bought it on a whim with no knowledge and the world blew me away. It's an immersive time sink.

1) Is that exclusive to the Wii U? and...

2) Isn't that the 10'th (or so) game in an RPG series?

Cubby
2 months ago#28
Do you have any really obscure recommendations I'm not thinking of?

I forgot about Wooly World, that one is really good too. I loved it. What I was trying to say though is

Hyrule Warriors has the following things from Zelda

Characters, Locations, Equipment you need to beat the big boss, and the big boss.

However for the most part it plays like Dynasty Warriors. (So don't go in thinking your going to explore dungeons, and a lot of puzzles, it's not going to happen) Oh, and the story is def. on par with Zelda games.

There is no Dynasty Warriors on the U, though there is a version of Warriors Orochi 3 , that, and Hyrule Warriors is about all you get.

(Well I guess there is Fist of the North Star 2)

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is the only MH to make it on the U, while there is a part 4 it is on the 3DS. Monster Hunter World has gotten all the Rumblings lately. But that as far as I know is not coming to the Switch(Could be wrong)

I don't think there is anything I would call obscure exactly, but of smaller things you might want to check out Wonderful 101, and Pikemen 3,.

Maybe something on the DL only front.

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
2 months ago#29
Kirby and the Dream Course any good? I never get in to Kirby...

Cubby
2 months ago#30
Lailah66 posted...

1) Is that exclusive to the Wii U? and...

2) Isn't that the 10'th (or so) game in an RPG series?

Yes on the first, I think it's the second of that series. The first was on Wii, and redone on the New 3DS, though I think you can get it on Virtual Console, and since Wii games are BC with the U, you can also get a physical copy if you want.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What is the best first game to get for the console?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived