GamePad left analog stick doesn't respond as it should

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. GamePad left analog stick doesn't respond as it should

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
2 months ago#1
So I'm having this problem with my gamepad's left analog stick. If I hold it up, for example, it will register normally, but if I slide it to any other direction it won't respond. If I want it to go right at all I have to apply greater pressure for it to register. Is the stick completely screwed up? This is a launch Wii U gamepad by the way.

Could it be dust beneath the stick? Maybe I could open it up and see, but I have absolutely zero knowledge on electronics and there's a big chance I might just break it if I try to fix. Although I do have a Pro Controller which I mainly use for games, there are still a couple of games that demand the GamePad.

Also I'm not sending it to Nintendo for repair because they won't attend my country.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: physically it moves normally, there's no resistance on it.

User Info: wiimann123

wiimann123
2 months ago#2
You can look at this guide if decide to replace your gamepad's left analog stick:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+Wii+U+GamePad+Analog+Stick+Replacement/12873

I did the same thing when my gamepad's right analog stick started to drift up every few minutes. It fixed my drifting problem entirely.
3DS FC: 5370-0543-3857

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
2 months ago#3
I was having a similar problem. I fixed it by using a toothbrush. I ran the bristles around the edge while pointing the stick in different directions. Eventually I got a large piece of dirt out and functionality returned.

Or you can get a triwing screwdriver and a replacement thumbstick and do it yourself. There's guides and videos on the internet on how to do it.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. GamePad left analog stick doesn't respond as it should

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived