So since the Wii Shop Channel is ending which games are still worth getting?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So since the Wii Shop Channel is ending which games are still worth getting?

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
2 months ago#21
I personally am not too interested in VC games, as for the most part I have the games I’m interested in on their original consoles (though I did download a few turbografx and master system games).

What about games that are exclusive to the Wii Shop and are good?
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is better then Paper Mario TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
2 months ago#22
LuigiFan835 posted...
I personally am not too interested in VC games, as for the most part I have the games I’m interested in on their original consoles (though I did download a few turbografx and master system games).

The Rebirth games are excellent. Castlevania, Gradius, and Contra Rebirth are all worth playing and only available on Wii VC.
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
2 months ago#23
SaturnSnowman posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...

The Rebirth games are excellent. Castlevania, Gradius, and Contra Rebirth are all worth playing and only available on Wii VC.

Ok, I’ll give those a try. Loved Castlevania and contra as a kid, never played gradius though
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is better then Paper Mario TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
2 months ago#24
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.

User Info: Veemon_X

Veemon_X
2 months ago#25
I'd have to recommend the Rebirth games. I wonder if Konami will ever port them to Switch. I hope people in the future don't have to resort to darker ways to play them.
Annihilate animated/flash ads, and then we can begin discussion of turning off Adblock.

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
2 months ago#26
quick question, are the rebirth games on wu? i cant check right now because i lent my wu to my... what am i to them? theyre the daughters of a cousin.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
"dont call gay art gay" -some mod. then WHAT is it, and WHATS its name????

User Info: Veemon_X

Veemon_X
2 months ago#27
dr_zomberg posted...
quick question, are the rebirth games on wu? i cant check right now because i lent my wu to my... what am i to them? theyre the daughters of a cousin.

Technically for now? If you go into Wii mode, you can access the Wii shop and get them from there.
Annihilate animated/flash ads, and then we can begin discussion of turning off Adblock.

User Info: jayj350

jayj350
2 months ago#28
The Konami Rebirth games are essential IMO, the only N64 games I wanted were Pokemon Puzzle, Smash Bros, and Crusin USA since they aren't anywhere else. Space Invaders Get Even is also amazing.

I would focus on Turbo CD games, the few neo-geo games they have that aren't on ACA, and some of the SNES games that didn't show up on Wii U/3DS for the virtual console.
This is my signature

User Info: jayj350

jayj350
2 months ago#29
ROB45 posted...
Chrono Trigger.

They have the PS1 version on the PS3 which is how I got it.
This is my signature

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
2 months ago#30
jayj350 posted...
ROB45 posted...
Chrono Trigger.

They have the PS1 version on the PS3 which is how I got it.

The PS1 version is such ass though. Them loading times are annoying.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So since the Wii Shop Channel is ending which games are still worth getting?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived