So since the Wii Shop Channel is ending which games are still worth getting?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So since the Wii Shop Channel is ending which games are still worth getting?

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
2 months ago#41
jayj350 posted...
Yeah, kinda like YS 1&2. I like the original but the DS truly came out with the definitive version.

And then the PSP came out with Chronicles and became the definitive version. Seriously? The DS version sucks. You probably borrowed your opinion from Kashell_Trump's review. I'm guessing you see the bump combat as a "flaw" for whatever reason and are probably just bad at it.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: bezerker99

bezerker99
2 months ago#42
I am making a list of games I want to get before it shuts down. Mainly the arcade titles, lots of SEGA games, and all the Squaresoft titles I don't have.
I drink your milkshake

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
2 months ago#43
jayj350 posted...
ROB45 posted...
Chrono Trigger.

They have the PS1 version on the PS3 which is how I got it.

I have the DS version.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
2 months ago#44
jayj350 posted...
Veemon_X posted...
dr_zomberg posted...
the ds version is the definitive one.

This. It really is.

Yeah, kinda like YS 1&2. I like the original but the DS truly came out with the definitive version.

The DS game is far from the definitive version especially with how flawed the stylus control is.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: lunaticcore

lunaticcore
1 month ago#45
Chrono Trigger because of the lag on everything else,
Rondo of Blood because it is likely going to be hard to find again when this shop shuts down.
The ReBirth games, because they might just be lost forever, because Konami sucks.
Endless Metroid month.. Samus Returns HYPE... Come watch us playthrough Super Metroid, Zero Mission, AM2R and Metroid Fusion. http://bit.ly/2vlfYbS

User Info: Estil

Estil
1 month ago#46
Honestly I'm surprised Nintendo didn't do this a few years sooner.
"Why a numeric keypad!? This is a video game controller, not a phone!!"
--Angry Video Game Nerd regarding the Intellivision controller

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#47
lunaticcore posted...
Rondo of Blood because it is likely going to be hard to find again when this shop shuts down.

Just gonna have to get a PSP/Vita and buy DXC on PSN!
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: Pokeking

Pokeking
1 month ago#48
I like Rondo of Blood. I played Symphony of the Night and enjoyed playing the prequel.
Within the dream, a journey.
3DS FC: 0817-5074-8674 / Eldritch Dream Address: 5D00-0010-8A28.

User Info: anon_fire

anon_fire
1 month ago#49
YAMBAG84 posted...
Wait, are you just saying that the Wii/Wii U eShop is going to be shut down in 2018 or 2019? Surely, you can still get those gameson the Switch right? and what about the handheld exclusives that are digital only? I'm only talking about digital only games.

Only the Wii Shop channel on both Wii and Wii U will be shut down in 2019, you just won't be able to add anymore Wii Points after March 26, 2018. This won't affect the eShop at all.

User Info: jumper1234

jumper1234
1 month ago#50
Everything that is necessary to get:
The Konami "Rebirth" Trilogy
Excitebike: World Rally
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord
Fluidity
Maboshi's Arcade
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
Pulseman
Monster World IV
Final Fantasy 1, 2, & 3
Chrono Trigger
Y's Books I & II
Cho Aniki
Super Smash Bros.
Bio-Miracle Bokutte Upa
Magical Drop II & III
Fighting Street (This one only if you want to play the game where the Street Fighter series started)
RIP Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So since the Wii Shop Channel is ending which games are still worth getting?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived