Really impressed with updated visuals on Wii games.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Really impressed with updated visuals on Wii games.

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
1 month ago#1
Our Wii died this week. RIP and we took the Wii U plunge. I mean makes sense visually, going from av to hdmi, but very, very impressive. Have only tried AC: City Folk and Zelda: SS but both are so much clearer compared to the Wii system.

Any Wii games that come to mind that stood out for you? Anyone else this impressed by Wii games(or are y'all just greedily used to 'em by now? Jkjk)
Forget mirror, Yeta. No. Look into eyes of Yeto. Look in reflection of Yeto's eyes...There true beauty! Who need mirror?

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
1 month ago#2
More or less. Played through Metroid Prime 3 recently on my Wii U, and compared to the composite cables of the original wii, the difference is very noticeable.

In fact, i now prefer to play my Wii games through my U thanks to this, and the fact that the official component cable for the Wii is next to impossible to find anymore. Still like to use my Wii for Gamecube and Virtual Console games though.
Wii U kicks the PS4's and Xbox One's ass

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
1 month ago#3
There's no difference if you had been using the right cables for the Wii (the component cables). The games look the same on the Wii U. But the load times are faster in some, if not most cases of the versions on Eshop. I know for a fact that they are much faster in Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles.

I do note that this is only for the digital Eshop versions that you can buy on the Wii U. The load times will be the about the same as the Wii versions if you're using the disc versions of these games on the Wii U.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Really impressed with updated visuals on Wii games.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived