ZombiU

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
2 months ago#21
dr_zomberg posted...
Yeto_Reacher posted...
dr_zomberg posted...
i did. didnt like it.
i liked that the motion controls were accurate (you have to do as the game tells you. dont half ass it) but thats pretty much it.

Well. Not convinced.

not trying to convince you. the game is f***ing horrible. the aiming (zooming) method is pretty awful (move your wiimote closer). it is possibly the only thing that is not very responsive. everything else is good.
but the game itself is terrible.

I dunno. That just makes zero sense to me. Thanks anyways.
Fate has no forgiveness for those who dare stand against it. - Chrono Cross

Yeto_Reacher
2 months ago#22
YAMBAG84 posted...
I found the game good, but difficult, so I gave up on it. It did make good use of the gamepad though. I just really am not into the whole thing where if you die, you can go find yourself with your inventory that you had, kind of like Dark Souls. IWell Uwe Boll's movies (at times) seem somewhat stylized as well as have pretty decent soundtracks. I dunno I mean perhaps he doesn't care the same way Ed Wood did about filmmaking, but I guess I feel like he actually tries and is satisfied of his work regardless of what critics say.

Uwe Boll's response towards critics rewatching his movies in years to come, “They will see they were a lot of very interesting movies and a lot of movies that I think made sense and said a point about things. They deserve to be discussed bigger than they were.”

I mean that at least SOUNDS like someone who believes them to be good. I just want to try again at a checkpoint with all of my s***.

Thanks for being honest at least. I can understand the frustrations there. To me, it seems more realistic and true 'survival horror'. Good to know. Thanks.

Yeto_Reacher
2 months ago#23
star_ark posted...
It's a good game but not one boss like enemy, or even unique enemy, It's regular zombies all game, nothing else. Also when you encounter online zombies you can take all their supplies, i ended up with so much ammo from one online zombie right at the start of the game making it way too easy.

don't connect online unless you want a very easy experience

Good to know! Ok will keep that in mind.

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
2 months ago#24
Yeto_Reacher posted...
dr_zomberg posted...
Yeto_Reacher posted...
dr_zomberg posted...
i did. didnt like it.
i liked that the motion controls were accurate (you have to do as the game tells you. dont half ass it) but thats pretty much it.

Well. Not convinced.

not trying to convince you. the game is f***ing horrible. the aiming (zooming) method is pretty awful (move your wiimote closer). it is possibly the only thing that is not very responsive. everything else is good.
but the game itself is terrible.

I dunno. That just makes zero sense to me. Thanks anyways.

i know it sounds contradictory, but i loved mowing down goons with my weapons or feral instinct.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
"dont call gay art gay" -some mod. then WHAT is it, and WHATS its name????

User Info: rexcrk

rexcrk
2 months ago#25
I couldn’t get into it. I wanted to like it, too.

I dunno, I just found the GamePad usage to be kind of cumbersome. And I’m not one who hates the GamePad for the sake of hating it, I like it in other games (the two HD Zeldas, Mario 3D World, etc.).

Guess I should give it another try sometime.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

User Info: stephen_31686

stephen_31686
2 months ago#26
I just found it kind of generic. It never grabbed me, so I never played for more than a few hours.

User Info: Cubby

Cubby
2 months ago#27
Aaaa... The Superman Returns of Video Gaming for the Wii U, entertaining story behind this title, it started out as a game they were going to make on the PS3 I believe, they had the base game, and stopped the project, then they tried another idea, and stopped it, and then they changed the name, had the base game, and then stopped it again, finally the name was changed again, and Ubi made it a survival horror for the Wii U that took advantage of the game pad in various ways. By the time it was released however, Ubi had already put millions, and millions into it before they finally made Zombie U, due to the game pad usage, it actually added to the intensity, and total environment making it truly scary, it also was bundled with the Wii U, went on to sale 700,000 units, but unfortunately since Ubi had already lost millions did not amount to much for Ubi, put that with the fact that after launch the U had 6 months were it only sold 300K units world wide(In the whole half the year, only 300K units) it led to the U losing third party support, because games were not selling well on the U, except for Nintendo titles. In the end, in order to get some money out of it, they renamed it, and released it on other systems, but the Wii U version is still the most fun do to the gamepad.

In the end, it's a good game a 7-7.5 out of 10, and might be a must for you if you like survival horror games, but don't expect a masterpiece. It's good, not great.

Yeto_Reacher
2 months ago#28
Cubby posted...
Aaaa... The Superman Returns of Video Gaming for the Wii U, entertaining story behind this title, it started out as a game they were going to make on the PS3 I believe, they had the base game, and stopped the project, then they tried another idea, and stopped it, and then they changed the name, had the base game, and then stopped it again, finally the name was changed again, and Ubi made it a survival horror for the Wii U that took advantage of the game pad in various ways. By the time it was released however, Ubi had already put millions, and millions into it before they finally made Zombie U, due to the game pad usage, it actually added to the intensity, and total environment making it truly scary, it also was bundled with the Wii U, went on to sale 700,000 units, but unfortunately since Ubi had already lost millions did not amount to much for Ubi, put that with the fact that after launch the U had 6 months were it only sold 300K units world wide(In the whole half the year, only 300K units) it led to the U losing third party support, because games were not selling well on the U, except for Nintendo titles. In the end, in order to get some money out of it, they renamed it, and released it on other systems, but the Wii U version is still the most fun do to the gamepad.

In the end, it's a good game a 7-7.5 out of 10, and might be a must for you if you like survival horror games, but don't expect a masterpiece. It's good, not great.

Wow hah! Thanks for all the info. This intrigues me as I know since being a gamer in the NES and SNES era,,, with the exception of Superman Returns lol....games like this that have a rough start but are solid, sell poorly during its life cycle, can often become hidden gems in years to come. Esp obscure third party titles. This grabs my attention and regardless,, I want a copy in my collection. Thanks.

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#29
It is a good game to play for Halloween. Basically a survival horror FPS. It's cheap enough to take a chance on too.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

Yeto_Reacher
1 month ago#30
TheRushDawg posted...
It is a good game to play for Halloween. Basically a survival horror FPS. It's cheap enough to take a chance on too.

I snagged a copy. It starts out slow (which I like for these types of games)
The wiipad seems nicely implemented so far. Maybe I just have a weak stomach but this game may take a while to get through. I like it so far. I guess when you grew up with NES SNES era games are just magnificent looking nowadays. o_O
Peppy: You're improving, Fox! That's what I like to see.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived