Mario Kart 8 how to play Egg, Triforce, Animal Crossing & Bell Cup tracks?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Mario Kart 8 how to play Egg, Triforce, Animal Crossing & Bell Cup tracks?

User Info: gobear

gobear
2 months ago#1
Just started playng the game

How do I play those cups tracks for Egg, Triforce, Animal Crossing & Bell Cup tracks?? Its in 50/100/150cc but all not yet unlocked?
I have already completed 50cc & 100cc ALL 3 stars (not yet started for 150cc) but still not unlocked for 50cc/100cc?? Or do I also have to complete ALL 3 stars in 150cc in order to unlock those tracks?

Thanks

User Info: Vlugge_Japie

Vlugge_Japie
2 months ago#2
They are DLC.
3DS FC 4339-2469-3265

User Info: gobear

gobear
2 months ago#3
Sorry as I am newbie in Wii U since I just got the console & games a few days ago, what is DLC?

How do I unlock the tracks?

User Info: Vlugge_Japie

Vlugge_Japie
2 months ago#4
gobear posted...
Sorry as I am newbie in Wii U since I just got the console & games a few days ago, what is DLC?

How do I unlock the tracks?

I's ok.

DLC is downloadable content. Add on content which is sometimes free and sometimes you have to pay for it.

In this case you have to pay for it. You'll get the extra tracks plus multiple Yoshi and Shy Guy colors and 8 new cars. You'll also get extra characters in the form of Link, Villager, Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Isabelle and Dry Bowser.

I can imagine you're disappointed with the fact that you have to pay for it but the price is pretty cheap. You basically get 1.5 times the game for around $12. I bought it years ago and it was a good investment. The new tracks are pretty fun.
3DS FC 4339-2469-3265

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
2 months ago#5
It's worth noting that this DLC came out a good 6 months after the game did. It might be there from the day you got the game but for those of us who bought it the day it came it we were quite happy to buy extra tracks and characters.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 month ago#6
Vlugge_Japie posted...
I can imagine you're disappointed with the fact that you have to pay for it but the price is pretty cheap. You basically get 1.5 times the game for around $12. I bought it years ago and it was a good investment. The new tracks are pretty fun.

Better than buying the entire game again for switch.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: BrianCraigSmith

BrianCraigSmith
1 month ago#7
You should definitely purchase the extra content; really breathes life into MK8.
PSN: Handsomistic1 NNID: Handsomistic15
3DS FC: 2767-1438-6425

User Info: Dalkin

Dalkin
1 month ago#8
The DLC in that game is worth it.
-This post is in no way shape or form a TOS violation-

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
1 month ago#9
The DLC is pretty good and reasonably priced.

Unlike in Smash
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is better then Paper Mario TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

User Info: jaZzyjeff818

jaZzyjeff818
1 month ago#10
So is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the Switch just Mario Kart 8 with DLC on the Wii U or are there additinal features in the Switch version?
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Mario Kart 8 how to play Egg, Triforce, Animal Crossing & Bell Cup tracks?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived