Should I consider buying Paper Mario for Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Should I consider buying Paper Mario for Wii U?

User Info: White Wolf Kiba

White Wolf Kiba
2 months ago#1
I was about to buy the game soon after it came out when I kept reading about a portion of the game that apparently undos your progress if you fail at some mini game.
There is nothing I hate more than games wasting my valuable time and taking away progress I've worked hard to achieve or have invested a lot of time in.

I generally hate mini games and this particular title seems chuck full of mandatory ones.

Also some mini game apparently has you start over and over losing coins non stop if you so much as get one thing wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingPalOllieMK
Gaming Pal Ollie - Video Game reviews and talk

User Info: GuyKopski

GuyKopski
2 months ago#2
No.

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
2 months ago#3
I don't think it is worth the purchase. Get the good JRPG's on the Shop Channel while it is still up.

White Wolf Kiba
2 months ago#4
I don't like digital purchases on Nintendo consoles, it's a pain dealing with that stuff.
I have JRPGs on all other platforms, as far as I know Wii U doesn't have anything exclusive digitally

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
2 months ago#5
White Wolf Kiba posted...
I don't like digital purchases on Nintendo consoles, it's a pain dealing with that stuff.
I have JRPGs on all other platforms, as far as I know Wii U doesn't have anything exclusive digitally

I honestly thought you were referring to the VC version of Paper Mario.

User Info: Brianst0rm

Brianst0rm
2 months ago#6
If you mean Color Splash, yes.

The game is very fun and you'll take some time to 100%.

User Info: Cubby

Cubby
2 months ago#7
Yes on color splash.

White Wolf Kiba
2 months ago#8
So what about that portion where some bad guy goes around draining all the color from all the worlds you've completed?
or that minigame where if you mess up the topping on something you must start over?

I get easily frustrated with games that take away my progress and consider them a waste of money, it's important to me that once I purchase a product this product does not, no matter what waste my time.

I'm very busy with work and even tho I love video games more than anything and am easily satisfied and amused by pretty much all games I buy, I don't want to spend 60-70 euros (import fees in my country are insane nowadays) on a game that might end up being a source of frustration for me and I will never finish or get anywhere in.

I generally beat all my JRPGs and love them to death, but they rarely blatantly destroy and take away my progress i spent time and effort making.

User Info: v0idStrike

v0idStrike
2 months ago#9
no it was okay for the first world then it became trash

i sold it and bought ssb melee
you're mom - jackie chan

User Info: este914

este914
2 months ago#10
White Wolf Kiba posted...
I was about to buy

Depends - what price can you get a Wii U for? They're still rather expensive.
And are there other games on the system you'd want to play?

-
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Should I consider buying Paper Mario for Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived