Should I consider buying Paper Mario for Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Should I consider buying Paper Mario for Wii U?

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
4 weeks ago#61
Gargomon251 posted...
For that matter, Sticker Star wasn't terrible either. It just gets an unfair comparison to TTYD.

This sounds like what I was after thank you.
Frog: Lower thine guard, and thou'rt allowing the enemy in.

User Info: greatdimentio

greatdimentio
4 weeks ago#62
Gargomon251 posted...
For that matter, Sticker Star wasn't terrible either. It just gets an unfair comparison to TTYD.
You could say that about all the Paper Mario games that came before Sticker Star. And if you have to say comparing Sticker Star to them is 'unfair' then why bother defending it as an entry in the Paper Mario series to begin with. Not even Color Splash, which is miles better than Sticker Star, comes close to comparing to the first 3.
The Paper Mario Trilogy ended after the Wii

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
4 weeks ago#63
Yeto_Reacher posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
Yeto_Reacher posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
PM:CS is honesty not that good. It’s not horrendous like SS but it’s still just okay at best.

But is it better than SPM? We will probably never see a PM game as great as TTYD or Lot7s and I am okay with that.

No, it isn’t.

On what basis? The battle system? The story? etc etc

Both really. Battle system is beyond terrible. The interface and setup is needlessly cumbersome. There’s no reason why we have to look down at the Gamepad for this s*** and there’s sure as hell no reason the cards don’t stack or the fact that they start at the right. The battle system is also extremely limited because you can’t choose what enemy you want to attack and the fact that you never run out of paint means you can usually just paint cards fully even if most of the time it’s overkill. The story is also extremely mediocre. Characters are boring, the story is literally Bowser kidnaps Peach, and overall the narrative isn’t good enough to warrant making the game an RPG.
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is factually better than PM:TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

User Info: nemerz

nemerz
4 weeks ago#64
Brianst0rm posted...
If you mean Color Splash, yes.

The game is very fun and you'll take some time to 100%.

User Info: greatdimentio

greatdimentio
4 weeks ago#65
The forced gamepad usage was so unnecessary too, another thing that makes me sad is thinking of how the TTYD system could work with 2 screens, either having your stats on the bottom screen or the audience, but for Wii U there should be a way to toggle this to not use the GamePad if you don't want to. I still remember speculating about whether Paper Mario 3DS would use the bottom screen for an audience (you know, when the first screens showed a stage-like battle screen and badge-like emblems)
The Paper Mario Trilogy ended after the Wii

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
3 weeks ago#66
nemerz posted...
Brianst0rm posted...
If you mean Color Splash, yes.

The game is very fun and you'll take some time to 100%.

Okay.... <('-'<)
Frog: Lower thine guard, and thou'rt allowing the enemy in.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Should I consider buying Paper Mario for Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived