Most overrated games you've played on the Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Most overrated games you've played on the Wii U?

User Info: red_car

red_car
2 months ago#1
Games that received a lot of praise even though you think they're average or worse?

Just looking for some interesting opinions. Maybe a couple games will get mentioned a few times or more?
-----

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
2 months ago#2
I'll probably get huge flack for this... but my answer is Bayonetta. It's not a bad game by any means, don't get me wrong, but so far i don't see what makes the game so special for others. It's just a normal hack and slash with some corny though funny cutscenes.

Granted, i'm very early in the game so it might get better as i play more.
Rest in peace, beloved Wii Shop Channel.

red_car
2 months ago#3
The games mentioned in this topic don't necessarily have to be average or worse. They can still be good, just slightly overrated.

Just clearing that up from my first post.
-----

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
2 months ago#4
Personally, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

It's a great game that deserves to be mentioned as something one should play at least once, but at the same time, it just played way too safe for me and its boss fights were some of the most tediously designed I've seen. Hit the boss, endure an ambush of enemies for a couple of minutes, and repeat, not to mention the lack of boss death scenes, making the satisfaction of defeating a boss less rewarding. I'd even call it, in some cases, "Donkey Kong Country Returns: The Lost Levels" in my book. Heck, even the new Kong POW feature felt like a last-minute addition. The new Kongs were fun to use, but even then I wasn't too surprised as many were. The soundtrack is amazing, as always with David Wise. Nothing bad about that.

Other sidescroller platformers on Wii U such as New Super Mario Bros U, New Super Luigi U, Rayman Legends, Shovel Knight, Super Mario Maker, and even Yoshi's Woolly World managed to take me by surprise for how fun and pants-blowing they were. Tropical Freeze to me, once again despite being great, was simply "Been here, done that", especially after having being blown away by Returns on Wii, my favorite game on the system. At least it's still better than Cloudberry Kingdom...
Still waiting for a good Mario Tennis and Paper Mario RPG, Camelot and Intelligent Systems. R.I.P. Miiverse 2012 - 2017.

User Info: crs1989

crs1989
2 months ago#5
Zombi U. I remember hearing good things when it was released, but I haven't even found the motivation to finish the game yet.

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
2 months ago#6
Whichever happens to be your favourite.

red_car
2 months ago#7
ROB45 posted...
Whichever happens to be your favourite.

^ pretty cool dude over here
-----

User Info: digressive

digressive
2 months ago#8
Littlefoot posted...
I'll probably get huge flack for this... but my answer is Bayonetta. It's not a bad game by any means, don't get me wrong, but so far i don't see what makes the game so special for others. It's just a normal hack and slash with some corny though funny cutscenes.

Granted, i'm very early in the game so it might get better as i play more.

I would say the same. Both the original and 2. Neither is bad, but they aren't great either.

User Info: cookiegangster

cookiegangster
2 months ago#9
3D World. I personally think it's far less creative than Land and it's just not that fun. It's not terrible but I'm surprised it didn't get scores closer to NSMB2 instead of the 98% or whatever it has.

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
2 months ago#10
It's a VC game but I'm playing for the first time on Wii U so I'm going to go with Earthbound. For a game that's supposed to be such a classic it's been pretty average.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Most overrated games you've played on the Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived