Most overrated games you've played on the Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Most overrated games you've played on the Wii U?

User Info: merkhava

merkhava
1 month ago#31
I don't think people understand what "overrated" means, they constantly confuse it with "not really my kind of game"

User Info: Citan22

Citan22
1 month ago#32
merkhava posted...
I don't think people understand what "overrated" means, they constantly confuse it with "not really my kind of game"

i know exactly what it means, but i admit that when i see a topic like this one i tend to try and think of games i'm personally not too fond of even though they're highly regarded by both critics and gamers alike. so these games are from my perspective overrated.. and on the Wii U, the title with widest such discrepancy in opinions is Bayonetta 2.

now, out of games i own and actually really enjoy, i suppose i'd say Super Mario 3D World and Shovel Knight are both slightly overrated..
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Citan22/games/owned
Gamertag/NNID: Bonepill

User Info: squarion

squarion
1 month ago#33
None, because the system as a whole is underrated.
Favorite Game of All Time: Donkey Kong Country 2
Favorite Characters: Solid Snake, Cloud Strife, Fei Fong Wong, Akuma & Mewtwo

User Info: red_car

red_car
1 month ago#34
squarion posted...
None, because the system as a whole is underrated.

Interesting.

Can an underrated system have overrated games? I think things for a topic like this can become somewhat easier if one only takes the standards of the Wii U into consideration, not the standards of all systems combined. I suppose a person doesn't have to take other systems into consideration in order to feel that one system in particular is underrated, but maybe some out there were comparing what they see as being the general quality of Wii U games with the general quality of games from another system (which would then possibly have an impact on what they think should have the potential of being considered underrated or overrated).
-----

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
1 month ago#35
Hands down BotW(the most over hyped game of this gen until someone else comes and takes it's spot), second would be Hyrule Warriors
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
1 month ago#36
aliashubbatch posted...
Smash 4, and XCX.

Hmm I generally got the feeling that most people talked down about XCX. I have never played but was interested to.
Vargas: Why not? Quinlan doesn't have a monopoly on hunches.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Most overrated games you've played on the Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived