Very underrated feature of the wii u is that....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Very underrated feature of the wii u is that....

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
2 months ago#1
It can play wii games on the gamepad! The gamepad even has a sensor bar to point at. Playing games like skyward sword, xenoblade chronicles, metroid prime trilogy, mario galaxy, etc without a tv is so cool!
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
2 months ago#2
except... its not that good.
such a tiny screen does not help on more precision-based games like trauma center and some (if not all) fps games. i tried waw's vendetta level on it at night and it was very hard to kill the nazi sniper.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
"dont call gay art gay" -some mod. then WHAT is it, and WHATS its name????

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
2 months ago#3
Meh.

User Info: DKCFAN

DKCFAN
2 months ago#4
I got the Wii U to play Paper Mario on the game pad, but it was so dim.
Paper Mario FTW!

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
1 month ago#5
welcome to 2013
KPop

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
1 month ago#6
Ben111 posted...
It can play wii games on the gamepad! The gamepad even has a sensor bar to point at. Playing games like skyward sword, xenoblade chronicles, metroid prime trilogy, mario galaxy, etc without a tv is so cool!

Um....its really only Xenoblade.

Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Mario Galaxy all require the Wii Remotes to play the game meaning you would have to prop up the Gamepad onto something aim the Wiimotes like a crazy person within like 2 feet of the screen in order to see anything or get a connection. Not a very comfortable scenario. Only Xenoblade allows you to play using the Gamepad controls.
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
1 month ago#7
SaturnSnowman posted...
Ben111 posted...

Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Mario Galaxy all require the Wii Remotes to play the game meaning you would have to prop up the Gamepad onto something aim the Wiimotes like a crazy person within like 2 feet of the screen in order to see anything or get a connection. Not a very comfortable scenario. Only Xenoblade allows you to play using the Gamepad controls.

you misread him. he never said you can play wii games with the pad as a controller. he just said you can play wii games on the pad, using the pad as a sensor bar.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
"dont call gay art gay" -some mod. then WHAT is it, and WHATS its name????

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
1 month ago#8
Ben111 posted...

dr_zomberg posted...
SaturnSnowman posted...
Ben111 posted...

you misread him. he never said you can play wii games with the pad as a controller. he just said you can play wii games on the pad, using the pad as a sensor bar.

actually he did
so you misread him kinda :P
KPop

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
1 month ago#9
kidrobot posted...
Ben111 posted...

dr_zomberg posted...
SaturnSnowman posted...
Ben111 posted...

actually he did
so you misread him kinda :P

You misread me I never said use it as a controller. You can play games on gamepad like you can play games on a tv.
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: jaZzyjeff818

jaZzyjeff818
1 month ago#10
SaturnSnowman posted...
Ben111 posted...

Are there any other games like Xenoblade that can be played on the gamepad like that? I got Metroid and Galaxy not realizing I needed to use the Wii Remotes, which took the excitement away. Also, is there a way to dim the brightness on the gamepad?
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Very underrated feature of the wii u is that....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived