Very underrated feature of the wii u is that....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Very underrated feature of the wii u is that....

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
1 month ago#11
press the home button on the pad. go to adjustments (or settings or something similar) on the top right corner. one of the options is screen brightness.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
"dont call gay art gay" -some mod. then WHAT is it, and WHATS its name????

User Info: Claytronic

Claytronic
1 month ago#12
jaZzyjeff818 posted...
SaturnSnowman posted...
Ben111 posted...
It can play wii games on the gamepad! The gamepad even has a sensor bar to point at. Playing games like skyward sword, xenoblade chronicles, metroid prime trilogy, mario galaxy, etc without a tv is so cool!

Um....its really only Xenoblade.

Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Mario Galaxy all require the Wii Remotes to play the game meaning you would have to prop up the Gamepad onto something aim the Wiimotes like a crazy person within like 2 feet of the screen in order to see anything or get a connection. Not a very comfortable scenario. Only Xenoblade allows you to play using the Gamepad controls.

Are there any other games like Xenoblade that can be played on the gamepad like that? I got Metroid and Galaxy not realizing I needed to use the Wii Remotes, which took the excitement away.

The only other Wii games on the eshop that can actually use the gamepad's buttons to play are:

-Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
-Pandora's Tower
-Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (MAYBE for this one, I've never been able to find a clear answer about the eshop version supporting the gamepad, I've heard it both ways)

For the heck of it, here are some notable Wii titles that would be compatible with exclusive use of the gamepad, should they ever appear on the eshop (it's not looking likely that many, if any, more are going to be released though, as it's all about the Switch now):

Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Edition
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero
Opoona
Monster Hunter Tri
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
The Last Story
Klonoa
Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
A Boy and His Blob
A friend of mine thought that he had an NES toploader, until I informed him that it was a Super NES.

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
1 month ago#13
Useless feature, screen is too small
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is better then Paper Mario TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
1 month ago#14
LuigiFan835 posted...

nah, its alright
night time off screen playing is very functional
KPop

User Info: KingFelix59

KingFelix59
1 month ago#15
Claytronic posted...
he only other Wii games on the eshop that can actually use the gamepad's buttons to play are:

-Pandora's Tower
-Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (MAYBE for this one, I've never been able to find a clear answer about the eshop version supporting the gamepad, I've heard it both ways)

What about Punch Out?

User Info: Claytronic

Claytronic
1 month ago#16
KingFelix59 posted...
Claytronic posted...
he only other Wii games on the eshop that can actually use the gamepad's buttons to play are:

-Pandora's Tower

What about Punch Out?

Afraid not, because the game REQUIRES you to point the Wii remote at the screen to make menu selections; no way around it.
A friend of mine thought that he had an NES toploader, until I informed him that it was a Super NES.

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
1 month ago#17
kidrobot posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...

nah, its alright
night time off screen playing is very functional
Vargas: Why not? Quinlan doesn't have a monopoly on hunches.

User Info: Tenchi UK

Tenchi UK
1 month ago#18
i really wish that the gamepad could have doubled as a pro controller when in wii mode, would have been great for all the VC like chrono trigger which never made it to the wiiu VC (chrono trigger wasnt on the snes classic either which makes it seem like something is going on regarding the liscencing to that game, which makes me less than optimistic of seeing it on switch VC if switch every gets a VC)
Pear into Peaches!

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
1 month ago#19
Tenchi UK posted...
i really wish that the gamepad could have doubled as a pro controller when in wii mode, would have been great for all the VC like chrono trigger which never made it to the wiiu VC (chrono trigger wasnt on the snes classic either which makes it seem like something is going on regarding the liscencing to that game, which makes me less than optimistic of seeing it on switch VC if switch every gets a VC)

same
and tbh they probably couldve easily done it
KPop
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Very underrated feature of the wii u is that....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived