Did anyone find Star Fox Zero surprisingly good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Did anyone find Star Fox Zero surprisingly good?

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
1 month ago#101
Nintendo threw all of that "new way to play" s*** out of the window with the Switch. I wonder why? Too bad they waited to do it with a hardware concept that sucks when compared to the Wii U.

User Info: GenesisOne

GenesisOne
1 month ago#102
Eye of the Beholder posted...
GenesisOne posted...
GenesisOne posted...
CaptainWario posted...
Skill4Reel posted...
Or, or, or!

Press (-) and be done with having to look between the two.

All that does is swap the views for the two screens.

and saves you from having to look at both screens, you forgot to add.

... And that's better than how things were done in the past games? Sorry, but I don't agree. Having to utilize two screens isn't an issue and can actually enhance gameplay on the DS and 3DS, because of the proximity of the screens, but it doesn't work nearly as well when it comes to having to do the same with the Gamepad and TV... at least, for me.

I'm not comparing it to past games, I was just offering an alternative to having to look between screens.

Besides, I didn't have a problem using both as they were. I refuse to be a baby gamer out of principle

Because having a preference for how past Star Fox games controlled automatically makes someone a "baby gamer". That's some real sound logic there.

Nah, it just means your stuck because you don't want to learn a new way to play. Its exactly that, a preference, not a never-changing standard.

Like I said, I bought the game knowing full well that the game had not been received well by the professional gaming press, in part because of the way the game controlled. I gave the game a shot and played through it, but found the motion controls and dual screen component to deliver an inferior experience when compared to the SNES Star Fox, Star Fox 64 and Assault. I did "learn" how to play it, but it was not nearly as fun as using a standard controller.

This is why I found the game surprisingly bad despite being very excited about it leading up to release. Previous games in the series had a very low learning curve when it came to the controls, and that meant it was easy to get into the game and enjoy it. The challenge shouldn't come from having to master cumbersome controls. The challenge should come from the level design, as it did in the previous games.

User Info: goroh16

goroh16
4 weeks ago#103
I wouldn't call a Starfox game that makes you use a slow boring vehicle (Gyrowing) with a gimmick that looks like it will fit in a Meta Gear Solid game better the best in the series. They should have brought back the Bluemarine. It's not often do we see underwater rail shooting stages. You later get to use the Arwing in Zoness and it does the job better. I didn't like that the Landmaster can now fly for so long that it looks like another Arwing. The name should have been changed. I able to learn the controls fast and breezed through the game in my first playthrough only dying once to Andross but I do agree that it shouldn't be the hardest thing in the game for most people. The game itself is easy but many people find the controls not worth learning. I still enjoyed the game despite the flaws but I wouldn't say it surpassed the SNES and 64 which are still the king of this series.
The only Final Fantasy I care about: 3, 4, 7, 9.
Super Mario Maker Profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/goroh16?type=posted

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
4 weeks ago#104
MannyCav posted...
Yeto_Reacher posted...
But enjoying the latest HD entry in the series with the latest tech that was released literally to the public last year? Give me a break.

I'm afraid I don't follow your meaning here...?

Give it some more time. You say your "favorite" was Star Fox 2 while granted was released recently...but is a game from the early 90s plays like one etc....give this modern Star Fox a couple of years or at least playthroughs before you dismiss the recent tech.
Frog: Lower thine guard, and thou'rt allowing the enemy in.

Yeto_Reacher
4 weeks ago#105
Skill4Reel posted...
Nintendo threw all of that "new way to play" s*** out of the window with the Switch. I wonder why?

Because the fish weren't biting like back in the Wii 1 era. Time to go conventional.

Yeto_Reacher
4 weeks ago#106
goroh16 posted...
I wouldn't call a Starfox game that makes you use a slow boring vehicle (Gyrowing) with a gimmick that looks like it will fit in a Meta Gear Solid game better the best in the series.

Opinions...opinions. I mean we can dissect the frog all afternoon (no offense Slippy). The point is the game is a revelation and return to form for the series. Pros and cons aside...the game was misjudged by critics and fans alike for being different (control wise) but the game still handles well. It just requires a bit of a learning curve...after that it's pure Star Fox gaming magic. Add to the fact it utilizes full HD, Wii U Pad capabilities as well was bundled in with Star Fox Guard?? One of the gravest disrespects in gaming history was sticking our noses up at this gem. So much for innovation....gamers want stale saltine crackers for lunch....apparently.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Did anyone find Star Fox Zero surprisingly good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived