Did anyone find Star Fox Zero surprisingly good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Did anyone find Star Fox Zero surprisingly good?

User Info: colt85

colt85
1 month ago#51
Yeto_Reacher posted...
colt85 posted...
Yeto_Reacher posted...
@colt85

Being spoiled does not equal having high standards as many are having unrealistic expectations of this game.

The game is very good, not much to really change it, although I believe the difficulty is probably too hard for the average/casual gamer. Star Fox's target market I would say are ages 25 and older having grown up with SNES and N64. This is not a babies game.

I appluade Nintendo for sticking up for their hardcore fans. They have honestly dumbed down many of their franchises over the years to appeal to the casual market and this game is one example of them doing the opposite.

The game is average at best, let alone "very good". The only good thing it has going for it is the soundtrack.
With a few exceptions (onrail stages like the first stage), missions are dull.
Alternate missions (if you can even call them missions) are horribly implemented: You're cut in the middle of a stage, most are painfully short (<2 min), some of them consist of just a boss fight, main map is a mess if you're trying to guess what planet takes you were.
No multiplayer, really?
The game is most definitely not hard. It's the gimmicky controls which give people trouble. If you think the game itself is hard, that speaks for your h4rdc0r3 sk1llz.
With the controls dogfights are now a joke since you don't even have to go after the opponent. Let them chase you, turn your guns 180°, shoot. Rinse and repeat.
Controls are actually the only thing that make this game stand out, take them away and the flaws would be even more glaring.

If you like bad games just because they belong to a particular franchise that doesn't make you a "hardcore gamer", just a blind fanboy.

The game is hard if you want to collect everything and get the top score. Mah ski1lz: It is a breeze if you simply beat the levels and get to the next one. It is on par with classic shmups like Ikaruga or Galaga. Top score is what you go after not just beating a level. It is how classic arcade games used to be played. It is just from the 3D perspective implemented with motion controls.

I love the game and it is my favorite Wii U game. That may make me a fanboy but not a blind one. I am happy for my purchase and glad I have this in my gaming library. Sorry you don't feel the same. :\

Oh, I guess I must have missed all these "The game is too hard to 100%" comments if that was what you were referring to... which of course is not the case.

Also, take your pills.
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
3DS (2294 6040 1182) NNID (Calkubo)

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
1 month ago#52
colt85 posted...
Yeto_Reacher posted...
colt85 posted...
Yeto_Reacher posted...
@colt85

Being spoiled does not equal having high standards as many are having unrealistic expectations of this game.

The game is very good, not much to really change it, although I believe the difficulty is probably too hard for the average/casual gamer. Star Fox's target market I would say are ages 25 and older having grown up with SNES and N64. This is not a babies game.

I appluade Nintendo for sticking up for their hardcore fans. They have honestly dumbed down many of their franchises over the years to appeal to the casual market and this game is one example of them doing the opposite.

The game is average at best, let alone "very good". The only good thing it has going for it is the soundtrack.
Alternate missions (if you can even call them missions) are horribly implemented: You're cut in the middle of a stage, most are painfully short (<2 min), some of them consist of just a boss fight, main map is a mess if you're trying to guess what planet takes you were.
No multiplayer, really?
The game is most definitely not hard. It's the gimmicky controls which give people trouble. If you think the game itself is hard, that speaks for your h4rdc0r3 sk1llz.
With the controls dogfights are now a joke since you don't even have to go after the opponent. Let them chase you, turn your guns 180°, shoot. Rinse and repeat.
Controls are actually the only thing that make this game stand out, take them away and the flaws would be even more glaring.

If you like bad games just because they belong to a particular franchise that doesn't make you a "hardcore gamer", just a blind fanboy.

The game is hard if you want to collect everything and get the top score. Mah ski1lz: It is a breeze if you simply beat the levels and get to the next one. It is on par with classic shmups like Ikaruga or Galaga. Top score is what you go after not just beating a level. It is how classic arcade games used to be played. It is just from the 3D perspective implemented with motion controls.

I love the game and it is my favorite Wii U game. That may make me a fanboy but not a blind one. I am happy for my purchase and glad I have this in my gaming library. Sorry you don't feel the same. :\

Oh, I guess I must have missed all these "The game is too hard to 100%" comments if that was what you were referring to... which of course is not the case.

Also, take your pills.

Um I dont take pills like you apparently need to. Jeezuz its a game man. It is a very good game, get a life.
Peppy: You're improving, Fox! That's what I like to see.

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
1 month ago#53
lightningbugx posted...
Star Fox Zero is good, but the controls have a learning curve. I feel the game is not treated all too well because it is a remake combining Star Fox 64 and several elements that were shelved from Star Fox 2, which is playable on the SNES Classic.

I do feel Star Fox Zero needs a proper sequel on the Switch, although.

The game does have a learning curve and certainly doesn't hold your hand. If you need more practice the training mode is available.
A sequel would be awesome I hope they got enough in sales as many websites rated this game pretty low when it was released.
Peppy: You're improving, Fox! That's what I like to see.

User Info: colt85

colt85
1 month ago#54
Yeto_Reacher posted...
colt85 posted...
Yeto_Reacher posted...
colt85 posted...
Yeto_Reacher posted...
@colt85

No multiplayer, really?

Also, take your pills.

Um I dont take pills like you apparently need to. Jeezuz its a game man. It is a very good game, get a life.

Yes, because I'm the one who deletes my meltdown posts.
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
3DS (2294 6040 1182) NNID (Calkubo)

User Info: stephen_31686

stephen_31686
1 month ago#55
After some adjustments I found the game fun and actually saw it through until the end. 4 hour play through was not worth $59.99 so I quickly sold to recoop some money back. No regrets as it cost about $20 after all said and done.
(message deleted)
CT24 posted...
Can't people have differing opinions without being insulted? Not everyone's going to like all the games I like or vice versa.

Again, I actually didn't hate the game and got 70/70 medals. I can see though that some will love the game and some will dislike it.

Also, for the record, I would encourage people to try it out and give it a chance at least because they might like it. At least give a game a chance before you say you don't like it (some people criticize SFZ without having played it which I find kind of weird).

I said baby gamers just to rile some feathers. Don't let it get to you.
Brawl-FC-1203-8953-0974 (X40)
"Help!!! I'm being attacked by white transparent ninjas!" - pipeman

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 month ago#58
saying "suprisingly" suggests I wouldn't expect it to be good.

That said, most star fox games are good. Adventures is the only one I haven't played.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: Foxclaws

Foxclaws
1 month ago#59
I enjoyed it.
I'm not okay I'm crazy!!!!

User Info: doutforharambe

doutforharambe
1 month ago#60
The regular on rail sections arent bad since you can ignore motion controls easily. Its the damn locked camera fights that are tedious.
Playing dat Persona 5!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Did anyone find Star Fox Zero surprisingly good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived