Wiimote versus Wiimote Plus

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wiimote versus Wiimote Plus

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
1 month ago#1
I know the Plus version is used for Skyward Sword and Red Steel 2 but my question is actually something different. Does it make a difference in past Wii games that existed before the Plus was a thing? Like Mario Galaxy or Donkey Kong Country Returns?
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: Atariboy1982

Atariboy1982
1 month ago#2
No difference. A game had to be specifically coded to take advantage of the enhanced capabilities of Motion Plus.

User Info: Chemazan

Chemazan
1 month ago#3
Vanilla motes have higher compatibility with PC

User Info: bezerker99

bezerker99
1 month ago#4
I've no actual proof but my theory is that Wii Motion Plus Wiimotes tend to use more battery power than standard Wiimotes. Thus I don't use Wii Motion Plus controllers unless the game demands it.
I drink your milkshake

User Info: digressive

digressive
1 month ago#5
bezerker99 posted...
I've no actual proof but my theory is that Wii Motion Plus Wiimotes tend to use more battery power than standard Wiimotes. Thus I don't use Wii Motion Plus controllers unless the game demands it.

This is definitely the case if you are comparing a standard wiimote to a wiimote with a plus attachment.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2824/~/wii-remote-battery-life-has-decreased-with-use-of-the-wii-motionplus-accessory
Depending on the type of use, the battery life for Wii Remotes used with Wii MotionPlus can typically be expected to last about 25 hours. Normal battery life without the Wii MotionPlus accessory is around 35 hours.

Not sure if it applies for the ones with the built in plus functionality. I would guess that it is also more of a battery drain.

User Info: SaraAB87

SaraAB87
1 month ago#6
This is vastly underestimated, I seriously doubt 25 hours for a Wii remote. More like 10-15 if that.

My regular Wii remote saps WAY more power than my Wii Remotes with motion plus, these are the ones with motion plus built in. I can't imagine the Wii remote with the adapter attached, I would think that would drain in 5-10 hours easily. Especially since the regular Wii remote saps the batteries when its dormant, and this can kill batteries very quickly, and also make them corrode and leak in the remotes. The motion plus again built in motion plus, does not drain remotes as much when they are not being used.
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 3926-4622-6128

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
1 month ago#7
SaraAB87 posted...
This is vastly underestimated, I seriously doubt 25 hours for a Wii remote. More like 10-15 if that.

My regular Wii remote saps WAY more power than my Wii Remotes with motion plus, these are the ones with motion plus built in. I can't imagine the Wii remote with the adapter attached, I would think that would drain in 5-10 hours easily. Especially since the regular Wii remote saps the batteries when its dormant, and this can kill batteries very quickly, and also make them corrode and leak in the remotes. The motion plus again built in motion plus, does not drain remotes as much when they are not being used.

My regular wiimote definitely drains very fast too. Seems like 10-15 hours. If it really does drain battery life when dormant that is really stupid design.
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wiimote versus Wiimote Plus

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived