Why Star Fox Zero is bad

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why Star Fox Zero is bad

User Info: NGageBro

NGageBro
1 month ago#1
- Controls are awful
- Story is just the same thing again
- Replaying levels isn’t that fun
- No multiplayer
- Bosses are bad
- The other vehicles are annoying to control
- Graphics are mediocre

This is really not a good game at all.
Paper Mario Sticker Star and Color Splash are great games and don't deserve the hate they get, even if the other three are better.

User Info: cyberpik

cyberpik
1 month ago#2
Fantastic reasoning; I'll be sure to avoid.

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
1 month ago#3
I see TC has moved his gimmick to the other boards as well
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is better then Paper Mario TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
1 month ago#4
Doesn't even have multiplayer? how does this game offer less than an N64 game? that holds like less than 64 MBs of space

Troll or not, hes pointing out some valid points
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: NGageBro

NGageBro
1 month ago#5
yahya_no_1 posted...
Doesn't even have multiplayer? how does this game offer less than an N64 game? that holds like less than 64 MBs of space

Troll or not, hes pointing out some valid points

Let me clarify that, as I made a mistake. There is co-op but no actual battle mode, which imo is more important
Paper Mario Sticker Star and Color Splash are great games and don't deserve the hate they get, even if the other three are better.

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
1 month ago#6
NGageBro posted...
- Controls are awful
- No multiplayer
- Bosses are bad
- Graphics are mediocre

-Controls are accurate, takes time and patience to master.
-Different story, just same premise, you are a member of the Star Fox team.
-Replaying levels can be fun depending on the level and the game offers different incentives for beating your previous score.
-Co-op mode
-Bosses are difficult (challenge)
-The other vehicles that Star Fox team uses such as the landmaster and walker take time to practice, the tutorial mode offers in depth practice on each vehicle. Vehicles are level based so Arwing levels are played with Arwing, Landmaster levels played with Landmaster etc. Only few levels require multiple vehicles to complete a single mission.
-Graphics are fantastic (hd)
Peppy: You're improving, Fox! That's what I like to see.

User Info: CT24

CT24
1 month ago#7
While I don't think the controls are as bad as some say I don't find them completely accurate either. With SF64, what the square was on was what my lasers would hit.

Yeto, on another of your points...how is the story de facto different? You're Star Fox, Andross is evil and you go get him for the first time. I don't see how Zero's story is really all that different than SFSNES and SF64.

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
1 month ago#8
Yeto_Reacher posted...
NGageBro posted...
- Controls are awful
- No multiplayer
- Bosses are bad
- Graphics are mediocre

-Controls are accurate, takes time and patience to master.
-Different story, just same premise, you are a member of the Star Fox team.
-Replaying levels can be fun depending on the level and the game offers different incentives for beating your previous score.
-Co-op mode
-Bosses are difficult (challenge)
-The other vehicles that Star Fox team uses such as the landmaster and walker take time to practice, the tutorial mode offers in depth practice on each vehicle. Vehicles are level based so Arwing levels are played with Arwing, Landmaster levels played with Landmaster etc. Only few levels require multiple vehicles to complete a single mission.
-Graphics are fantastic (hd)

I see so there is coop, 4 players like the N64? if not then still an 64 bit game with more content than a WiiU game is a joke

Controls are accurate, takes time and patience to master

From what I heard the controls just like Zelda SS are just not fun, even if you get used to them

Different story, just same premise, you are a member of the Star Fox team.

Didn't this premise been retold like 6th time now? I feel this is more of a DW game a this point, which is fun for the first 3 or 4 games but after a while you need something new

I am waiting to find this game for 20$ so I can give it a shot, I feel 60 is TOO much for the asking price, Even Nintendo feels the same way, that is why the give you a free game with it lol(yes I see copies still offering that in the EB games store)
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
1 month ago#9
CT24 posted...
While I don't think the controls are as bad as some say I don't find them completely accurate either. With SF64, what the square was on was what my lasers would hit.

Yeto, on another of your points...how is the story de facto different? You're Star Fox, Andross is evil and you go get him for the first time. I don't see how Zero's story is really all that different than SFSNES and SF64.

What your square is on before you hit the fire button, your lasers will hit as well in Zero.

Andross is the bad guy in the Star Fox universe. Everyone complained about Star Fox Adventures being "too different" and not a Star Fox game. This is what a Star Fox game feels like. The story is different in Zero because you have different vehicles that you use throughout the game to complete missions and defeat bosses. This one also has a stronger emphasis on James McCloud's (Fox's father) backstory.
Peppy: You're improving, Fox! That's what I like to see.

User Info: Ivalice_VKP

Ivalice_VKP
1 month ago#10
My main complaint with the game were the controls, but everything finally "clicked" on the last stage, but I felt like it was too late to fully appreciate the game and after I finished it, the game was put back on my shelf to sit. Star Fox 64 will always be my favorite in the series.
Currently Playing:
Waiting On: Shenmue III
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why Star Fox Zero is bad

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived