Why Star Fox Zero is bad

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why Star Fox Zero is bad

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
1 month ago#21
CT24 posted...
MannyCav posted...
digressive posted...
I don't get the complaint about the story. This isn't an RPG or an adventure game. It's an arcade shooter that is frequently on rails. The genre isn't really known for stellar stories, is it?

Well... like I said, there's nothing specific wrong I can say about the story. It's perfectly fine. However, there was also a specific amount invested into the story ahead of a typical Mario platformer. There are stories about Andross being an evil scientist that was exiled for dangerous experiments, a war (or insurrection) that broke out, a betrayal by a trusted teammate, family that was killed, a deep-seeded need for revenge by a son, and a quest to find some closure behind that betrayal and what his father's ultimate fate really was, something the games have teased off and on over its run. So it's not like there's nothing invested here. The games do present the story to a notable extent. It's not like it's a throw away element that can be ignored or dismissed as typical 'dragon steals the princess and the hero must rescue her'. So while this genre isn't usually known for its stories, Star Fox in specific [at the very least puts up the front of] has a noteworthy story and world environment with issues, wars, and grudges. It's not like there's nothing here; there is.

The grounds are here for fleshing out a deeper story and continuation, but things seem to keep going back to that same beginning and groundwork. Which is by itself (in my opinion) a good and compelling story, but it just seems to exist by itself so far.

Agreed. The story is interesting, but how many times can they tell basically the exact thing?

Also, MannyCav, if there is a Star Fox game for the Switch, what do you think they'll do with the story there?

Its the first home release game in over 11 years, Nintendo did the right thing by their fans of the series. Anyone that wants a new type of Star Fox game should of at least bought the game to support it for future iterations.
Peppy: You're improving, Fox! That's what I like to see.

Yeto_Reacher
1 month ago#22
macknifficent89 posted...
this isn't a controversial topic. most are aware the game sucks.

Yes it is. The game is a fantastic Star Fox game and a fantastic effort from Platinum and Nintendo. The reviews are very mixed and most of their hardcore Star Fox fans should expect a challenging game that stays true to its roots and the tech. Newbies in the series should be prepared to get their butts handed to them.(and trust me its their lack of control over the game's mechanics and not the other way around.)

User Info: forteanoter

forteanoter
1 month ago#23
Tc is a troll on the 3ds and switch boards.
One does not simply x

User Info: este914

este914
1 month ago#24
yahya_no_1 posted...
I am waiting to find this game for 20$ so I can give it a shot,

Here you go , and it comes with Guard.

Enjoy

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Fox-Zero-w-Star-Fox-Guard-Nintendo-Wii-U-2016-Complete-FREE-SHIPPING/112415095244

-

User Info: NGageBro

NGageBro
1 month ago#25
forteanoter posted...
Tc is a troll on the 3ds and switch boards.

Nope
Mario RPGs: PMTTYD > SSS > SMRPG > BIS > PM > SPM > PiT = PJ > CS > SS > DT
Pokemon: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 7 > 6 > 5

User Info: macknifficent89

macknifficent89
1 month ago#26
Yeto_Reacher posted...

Yes it is. The game is a fantastic Star Fox game and a fantastic effort from Platinum and Nintendo. The reviews are very mixed and most of their hardcore Star Fox fans should expect a challenging game that stays true to its roots and the tech. Newbies in the series should be prepared to get their butts handed to them.(and trust me its their lack of control over the game's mechanics and not the other way around.)

now THIS is a troll post.

Yeto_Reacher
1 month ago#27
Yeto_Reacher posted...

now THIS is a troll post.

I guess if I am defending the game in question and wondering why I come on the message boards to find a "This game is bad" post on easily my favorite game on the console. :\

User Info: stephen_31686

stephen_31686
1 month ago#28
Guys, TC posted this same s*** on Switch board and it won’t go away. Don’t feed this thread anymore. Troll for sure.

User Info: NGageBro

NGageBro
1 month ago#29
stephen_31686 posted...
Guys, TC posted this same s*** on Switch board and it won’t go away. Don’t feed this thread anymore. Troll for sure.

I never once posted anything about Starfox Zero on the Switch board. I think you may be thinking of my BotW topic.

In fact, let me go bump that topic right now.
Mario RPGs: PMTTYD > SSS > SMRPG > BIS > PM > SPM > PiT = PJ > CS > SS > DT
Pokemon: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 7 > 6 > 5

User Info: MannyCav

MannyCav
1 month ago#30
CT24 posted...
Also, MannyCav, if there is a Star Fox game for the Switch, what do you think they'll do with the story there?

It's hard to say. because (see below). You could justify both reboots by saying SF64 didn't damage much, and SF0 was almost necessary because (see below). Right now, today, I don't see any need for them do do a third reboot on the next game, though where forward they could take the series is anyone's guess. Star Fox Adventures onwards was their first real attempt to take the series forward in that sense, and that didn't reach the best end. Star Fox 2 was going to be that for Star Fox, though SF2 despite being a proper sequel and story continuation had even less to do with a story than the original game, and especially SF64 (and onwards).
Yeto_Reacher posted...
Its the first home release game in over 11 years, Nintendo did the right thing by their fans of the series.

Assuming you're referring to reboot number two, I did say as much before, that Nintendo was backed into a corner and almost had to do a reboot. What's bad is that Nintendo let things get to that position in the first place (for it to need a reboot). I don't like that they reboot it again to this third telling of the story, but at the same time it might have been the best move.
Protest the protests! We need less division, not more.
People sleep peacefully... only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.--Grenier
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why Star Fox Zero is bad

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived