If you could rewind time, would you still have bought a Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. If you could rewind time, would you still have bought a Wii U?

User Info: Chaos_LightDark

Chaos_LightDark
1 month ago#1
I don't know, honestly. But considering I bought one game for it, unlikely.

On the other hand, I'm a collector at heart and I did buy the Japanese Premium bundle for it, so I don't know...

The game was Xenoblade X btw.

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
1 month ago#2
No. Absolute trash console, with a barely functional os on launch if you had no wifi, and one the worst first years a console's ever had. The only console l've sold and not regretted selling.

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
1 month ago#3
Yes. Maybe not on launch but once Mario kart 8 or Smash 4 had been out.
Rest in peace, beloved Wii Shop Channel.

User Info: ElNachoCheese

ElNachoCheese
1 month ago#4
I would have. I'm still enjoying the system so I've got my money's worth.
Twitch.tv/ElNachoCheese
PSN/NNID/Steam/XBOX: ElNachoCheese

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
1 month ago#5
I didn't buy the WiiU unlit smash and Mario Kart came out, i didn't do what the drones did and buy the Wiiu just to support Nintendo and all that crap they think they are doing.

Wii made it clear Nintendo doesn't give a crap about their fans as they make people believe, they screwed all the Wii owners by favoring shovel ware instead of real games, and claimed they are coming back with the Wiiu, I didn't buy it for one second and waited until I had a reason for my own to buy it.

Honestly WiiU is underrated by both fans and people who made it, wasn't pushed to it's limit once, even BotW could of been better if they spent just more time on the side quests and less time on converting it to the switch

So the short answer to this topic would be yes, I would buy it again as i got exactly what I wanted, an 8 player smash and a good Mario Kart games with a bunch of other good games on the side
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: legefy

legefy
1 month ago#6
Probably not. I kinda wish I bought a 3DS instead since now I'm a bit too late and basically have to give up on playing the 3DS fire emblems. Of the four titles I got the wii u for Splatoon was great fun, xenoblade x disappointed me (endgame let me down) Tokyo Mirage Sessions was trash and Yooka Laylee didn't even get released. I have enjoyed the virtual console though so it hasn't been all bad
I need power over the people! The stupid, stupid people!

User Info: Chaos_LightDark

Chaos_LightDark
1 month ago#7
legefy posted...
Probably not. I kinda wish I bought a 3DS instead since now I'm a bit too late and basically have to give up on playing the 3DS fire emblems. Of the four titles I got the wii u for Splatoon was great fun, xenoblade x disappointed me (endgame let me down) Tokyo Mirage Sessions was trash and Yooka Laylee didn't even get released. I have enjoyed the virtual console though so it hasn't been all bad

That is a huge loss, what's preventing you from getting that 3DS now? Money or time?

User Info: legefy

legefy
1 month ago#8
Funnily enough I almost impulse bought a new 2DS just yesterday. It's just that now the switch is out I find it harder and harder to justify. I mean the 2DS bundle (with sun/moon, basic not the ultra) along with Awakening and Warriors would have blown a massive hole in my pocket. On the other hand I don't even like the switch right now, warriors almost tempted me to give in but I really would rather wait for a system revision.
I need power over the people! The stupid, stupid people!

User Info: cyberpik

cyberpik
1 month ago#9
Yes. I couldn't have passed up on the WW Edition.

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
1 month ago#10
After rewinding time and still knowing what I do now. Yes. I would still buy a Wii U. Only I would not have purchased it on launch day this time since the main thing that originally motivated me to buy the console was a Ubisoft demonstration from 2011 for a game that was never released on the platform. I would have waited until maybe late 2015 to early 2016 to buy a Wii U. Probably the same amount of years that it will take me to buy a Switch.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. If you could rewind time, would you still have bought a Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived