If you could rewind time, would you still have bought a Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. If you could rewind time, would you still have bought a Wii U?

User Info: crs1989

crs1989
1 month ago#31
Zero_Maniac posted...
crs1989 posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
I might actually buy a Wii U instead of a Switch, because at least the Wii U is a proper console. Games I want for it:

-Breath of the Wild
-Super Mario Maker
-Sm4sh

...Not much else. But y'know, I'm sure there are more I'll find.

Don't forget Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE while you're at it.

I have zero complaints about purchasing a Wii U. It is still the console that gets the most use from me.

I want none of those.

Well, then there is no pleasing you.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#32
crs1989 posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
crs1989 posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
I might actually buy a Wii U instead of a Switch, because at least the Wii U is a proper console. Games I want for it:

-Breath of the Wild
-Super Mario Maker
-Sm4sh

Don't forget Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE while you're at it.

I have zero complaints about purchasing a Wii U. It is still the console that gets the most use from me.

I want none of those.

Well, then there is no pleasing you.

I don't know why you would jump to that conclusion. Maybe not everyone wants a racing game they'll quickly get bored of, or a lame JRPG with MMO combat and a bad OST, or a cringey crossover RPG? Just because I don't want those games doesn't mean I don't like games in general. I just like games that I know will be worth my money, and so far only 3 or so Wii U games fit that requirement. Sorry, but the Wii U doesn't have very many worthwhile games. That's why I currently don't have one.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: squarion

squarion
1 month ago#33
I no longer regret owning a wii u after beating twilight princess HD
Favorite Game of All Time: Donkey Kong Country 2
Favorite Characters: Solid Snake, Cloud Strife, Fei Fong Wong, Akuma & Mewtwo

User Info: stephen_31686

stephen_31686
1 month ago#34
Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, and Twilight Princess HD made it worth it to me.

User Info: OboyHowdy

OboyHowdy
1 month ago#35
Zero_Maniac posted...

-Breath of the Wild
-Super Mario Maker
-Sm4sh

Can you please explain why the Switch isn't a proper console? Is it the handheld aspect?
So long, and thanks for all the fish!

User Info: Terradrius

Terradrius
1 month ago#36
Yup, 100% would have. Would've bought the 32 gb version instead of the 8 gb version though.

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#37
OboyHowdy posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...

-Breath of the Wild
-Super Mario Maker
-Sm4sh

Can you please explain why the Switch isn't a proper console? Is it the handheld aspect?

More or less, yes. Hybrids just don't do it for me. Props to those who like hybrids, though.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: MeowMix101

MeowMix101
1 month ago#38
truthfully I feel I got my money's worth out of wii u 2x over.
The switch on other hand makes me just not want to support till nintendo fixes its bad long term fault of being unable to back up game saves.
After how many problems I have seen within a first year of 'handheld consoles' I fear for my save files if i played on switch.

User Info: rexcrk

rexcrk
1 month ago#39
Definitely.

Honestly I still don’t even see what’s so bad about it. Every game I’ve played on has looked gorgeous, it has internet functions, and there are plenty of games on it.

So what’s the problem?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#40
rexcrk posted...
Every game I’ve played on has looked gorgeous, it has internet functions, and there are plenty of games on it.

So what’s the problem?

The problem is that gorgeous games are not inherently fun, which is the point of a gaming console...to provide fun games.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. If you could rewind time, would you still have bought a Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived