Is Skyward Sword good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Skyward Sword good?

User Info: blastoise75

blastoise75
1 month ago#31
I actually beat the imprisonedon the second try
PKMN Platinum, VS Champion: Scizor used Iron Defence x3, then atk. Spiritomb KO. Garchomp next. WHY DOES IT KNOW FLAMETHROWER!?!?! 3DS FC: 2707-1634-3423

User Info: merkhava

merkhava
1 month ago#32
It's not a bad game, it is is by far the worst Zelda game I've ever played. Nintendo must think so to because it probably gave them a wake up call that led to the awesomeness that is Breath of the Wild.

User Info: darklink1017

darklink1017
1 month ago#33
The difference between SS and BoTW are night and day...SS is a hard pass.
SNOOKI LMAO --->http://i.imgur.com/Pgtkt.gif
RONDA LMAO ---->https://i.imgur.com/duzX4Vn.jpg

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#34
To be brutally honest, the only reason Skyward Sword got rated so high is because it's a Zelda game. Take about 20 points or so from the MC score and you'll get an accurate rating.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
1 month ago#35
Zero_Maniac posted...
To be brutally honest, the only reason Skyward Sword got rated so high is because it's a Zelda game. Take about 20 points or so from the MC score and you'll get an accurate rating.

That's a bit harsh. While I do think being a Zelda title boosted its popularity and possibly ratings I don't know about by 20 metacritic points. More like 5, maybe10.
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#36
SaturnSnowman posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...

That's a bit harsh. While I do think being a Zelda title boosted its popularity and possibly ratings I don't know about by 20 metacritic points. More like 5, maybe10.

No. It's sitting at a 93. 73 is about right for a game like Skyward Sword. It's better than your average game, but it's not a great game by any means.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: star_ark

star_ark
1 month ago#37
Zero_Maniac posted...
star_ark posted...
as for backtracking complaints and lack of overworld complaints let me ask you
what do you do in an open world?

do you back track through an open world?

Yeah, but you don't always have to backtrack, or even backtrack the same way. People don't like Skyward Sword. That's just how it is.

huh?
that's a weird response

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
1 month ago#38
It is a good game, but worst Zelda game by LoZ standards

Bad controls, no world exploration
Unresponsive controls
Story is as weak as BotW
Awkward control animation
Not much to do past main quest
Game would be 5x better without the forced motion controls

This game was hyped as much as BotW, 10 across the board and praised to be the best LoZ game ever since OOT, issue is....it wasn't, and the whole half the fans loving it is not true, as once the hyped died, not alot of people remembered anything special about this game, over time no one will even understand how it got 10 across the board

Again it's not a bad game, but the noise it made when it was released was kinda dump, 7.5/10 game
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
1 month ago#39
Good story and good music. The controls are ass though, which is unfortunate
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is better then Paper Mario TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

User Info: OgesMC

OgesMC
1 month ago#40
Good in my opinion. A better question is how could someone play every other zelda and just not want to try the one they havent played?
RIP Ultimate Warrior (1959-2014), a pure embodiment of intensity and raw power.
"The power of The Warrior will always prevail." - Ultimate Warrior
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Skyward Sword good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived