Pikmin fans

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Pikmin fans

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
1 month ago#1
How does 3 stack up against the other two? Just more of the same or is it the best entry bar none? Thanks in advance.
Peppy: You're improving, Fox! That's what I like to see.

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
1 month ago#2
The fanbase seems to be split over whether Pikmin 2 or 3 is better. Pikmin 2 is much longer and harder (mainly due to the caves), but the Pikmin AI isn’t too great.

Pikmin 3 has fewer enemies, is shorter, and an ultimately easier game due to the highly-improved Pikmin AI. The game also has more of an emphasis on story; rather than unlocking new areas based on how many things you collect, you now unlock other areas after collecting a special item you get when you beat a boss. I also found the challenges and multiplayer in Pikmin 3 to be a lot more fun than their Pikmin 2 counterparts.

I honestly feel like Pikmin 3 is the best. Although it doesn’t have as much content in general, the improved Pikmin AI makes a huge difference, and there are a lot of smaller things they improved too, like nectar being rarer but Pikmin no longer lose their flowers; and I really like the challenges, especially the DLC ones.

Hopefully that clears some stuff up. If you need me to go into more detail, let me know.
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is better then Paper Mario TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
1 month ago#3
LuigiFan835 posted...
The fanbase seems to be split over whether Pikmin 2 or 3 is better. Pikmin 2 is much longer and harder (mainly due to the caves), but the Pikmin AI isn’t too great.

Pikmin 3 has fewer enemies, is shorter, and an ultimately easier game due to the highly-improved Pikmin AI. The game also has more of an emphasis on story; rather than unlocking new areas based on how many things you collect, you now unlock other areas after collecting a special item you get when you beat a boss. I also found the challenges and multiplayer in Pikmin 3 to be a lot more fun than their Pikmin 2 counterparts.

I honestly feel like Pikmin 3 is the best. Although it doesn’t have as much content in general, the improved Pikmin AI makes a huge difference, and there are a lot of smaller things they improved too, like nectar being rarer but Pikmin no longer lose their flowers; and I really like the challenges, especially the DLC ones.

Hopefully that clears some stuff up. If you need me to go into more detail, let me know.

How come you don't like Pikmin 1?
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: rexcrk

rexcrk
1 month ago#4
I say 1>3>2

But all three are fantastic.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

SaturnSnowman
1 month ago#5
rexcrk posted...
I say 1>3>2

1 is my favorite. Best soundtrack and best atmosphere
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

LuigiFan835
1 month ago#6
SaturnSnowman posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...

I do like it. I just like it the least. The Pikmin AI is pretty bad, which I feel is where most of the challenge comes from. I’m not against making games challenging, but I think Pikmin 2 did it better because even though it’s harder than Pikmin 1, besides a few traps, the game feels more fair in difficulty and better to control.

There were also some minor things that annoyed me, like making you swarm to get through certain areas and Pikmin losing their flowers way too easily.

Again, it’s not a bad game, and I still enjoyed the game all the 4 times I’ve played it. Honestly if they remade the game with Pikmin 3’s mechanics and graphics, I would love it.

SaturnSnowman
1 month ago#7
LuigiFan835 posted...
SaturnSnowman posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...

I do like it. I just like it the least. The Pikmin AI is pretty bad, which I feel is where most of the challenge comes from. I’m not against making games challenging, but I think Pikmin 2 did it better because even though it’s harder than Pikmin 1, besides a few traps, the game feels more fair in difficulty and better to control.

There were also some minor things that annoyed me, like making you swarm to get through certain areas and Pikmin losing their flowers way too easily.

Again, it’s not a bad game, and I still enjoyed the game all the 4 times I’ve played it. Honestly if they remade the game with Pikmin 3’s mechanics and graphics, I would love it.

Do you agree with me if I say the music and atmosphere of the game is the best?

LuigiFan835
1 month ago#8
SaturnSnowman posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
SaturnSnowman posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...

Do you agree with me if I say the music and atmosphere of the game is the best?

Damn, that was a fast reply.

Atmosphere, definitely. Music, maybe. I liked Pikmin 2’s better, though I only remember a couple tracks from the first game

User Info: rexcrk

rexcrk
1 month ago#9
SaturnSnowman posted...
rexcrk posted...
I say 1>3>2

1 is my favorite. Best soundtrack and best atmosphere

I also like how short it is. If you know what you’re doing you could easily beat it in one sitting 😝
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

User Info: star_ark

star_ark
1 month ago#10
rexcrk posted...
I say 1>3>2

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Pikmin fans

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived