I didn't even use Miiverse that much and I'm going to miss it a lot

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I didn't even use Miiverse that much and I'm going to miss it a lot

User Info: DoomsSD

DoomsSD
4 weeks ago#21
I think Nintendo bit off more than they could chew with Miiverse.

Running a social gaming/ networking site on the scale that Miiverse grew to was always going to end up being a drain on them that in all honesty wasn't going to prove worthwhile in the long run, when twitter and facebook can do the same things but take the burden of cost and managment off of Nintendo.

User Info: GorillaGD

GorillaGD
4 weeks ago#22
R.I.P Miiverse

User Info: Mediocre_Dunce

Mediocre_Dunce
4 weeks ago#23
Yeah, same. Luckily I just went and saved my posts. I cut it really close, lol. I only made like 5 posts so it wasn't hard to do.
That some nice sweet juicy gigatosis!
Mario Kart 8 HD, 4.9 GIGS! 500 hour game! Do the math!
- awesomenintendo

User Info: digressive

digressive
4 weeks ago#24
I'm just happy that we won't have to ban the Smash Miiverse stage from family gaming time due to homophobic and racist slurs.

User Info: Gum

Gum
4 weeks ago#25
Nothing of value was lost.

I remember getting an account banned for posting a screenshot of Corpse Party on the Corpse Party board. Was told it contained violent content.

...no f***ing s***, of course a game called Corpse Party is going to contain violent content. Why even enable screenshots in the first place if they didn't want me posting em? They disabled them for Persona Q after all
"Though I may not be highly paid, I, Asato Tsuzuki, choose not to focus on such menial concerns as salary."

User Info: Mozzezz

Mozzezz
4 weeks ago#26
Gum posted...

I remember getting an account banned for posting a screenshot of Corpse Party on the Corpse Party board. Was told it contained violent content.

...no f***ing s***, of course a game called Corpse Party is going to contain violent content. Why even enable screenshots in the first place if they didn't want me posting em? They disabled them for Persona Q after all

Yeah I forgot about that problem with it.

I think it was in game instructions, or some instructions on Miiverse or something, that asked me to invite people to do something a certain way. Well I followed the instructions to a T and got my post deleted and upheld by multiple mods. I wish I remembered more of the details. But the point is, besides other general problems the service had, the mods were an absolute joke.
SSBB Friend Code: 3823-8247-5632 N3DS Friend Code: 0189-8871-1995

User Info: Gum

Gum
4 weeks ago#27
Mozzezz posted...
Gum posted...

Yeah I forgot about that problem with it.

I think it was in game instructions, or some instructions on Miiverse or something, that asked me to invite people to do something a certain way. Well I followed the instructions to a T and got my post deleted and upheld by multiple mods. I wish I remembered more of the details. But the point is, besides other general problems the service had, the mods were an absolute joke.

The moderation disputes were even more of a joke. They can't explain why you broke the rules, and you can't explain why you didn't break the rules, so conversations go like this.

"I didn't break any rules."

"Yeah you did."

"Nuh-uh!"

"Yu-huh!"
"Though I may not be highly paid, I, Asato Tsuzuki, choose not to focus on such menial concerns as salary."

User Info: TheKingOfCarmel

TheKingOfCarmel
4 weeks ago#28
Even though most of the messages were kinda dumb, finding Tingle bottles on the beach in Wind Waker was one of the most charming parts of the game. My next playthrough is going to feel very lonely.
I will change this sig on the release date of TimeSplitters 4 ::created October 2010::

User Info: WaffleRobot

WaffleRobot
4 weeks ago#29
Yeah I agree. I have to say, I never really used Miiverse on its own, but when it was integrated into a game, such as with Splatoon and Mario 3D World and Mario Maker it was great.

User Info: blazingsonic

blazingsonic
4 weeks ago#30
I'm pretty bummed out about it myself, Miiverse, The Wii U all had so much potential, all of it wasted it's like no one wanted to try........ All for what? Facebook? Twitter, I rather not mix with people and their politics.
Moving to a less corrupted forum,
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I didn't even use Miiverse that much and I'm going to miss it a lot

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived