What game(s) made your Wii U worth it?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What game(s) made your Wii U worth it?

User Info: Namio

Namio
1 month ago#1
And what game made you finally buy the system in the first place?
like if you agree

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
1 month ago#2
Bought it primarily for Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario Maker. In the end though, what made the system worth it for me was Smash 4, BOTW and Lego City Undercover.
Rest in peace, beloved Wii Shop Channel.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
1 month ago#3
Bought it (late) as opposed to Switch bc of price and for BotW and Star Fox Zero.

Havn't had a chance to play BotW yet but Star Fox Zero, Mario Kart 8 and honestly Splinter Cell Blacklist have made it worth it to me so far.
Frog: Lower thine guard, and thou'rt allowing the enemy in.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
4 weeks ago#4
https://youtu.be/VhDOINfwFEs?t=8m51s

That demonstration represented everything that was exciting to me about the Wii U hardware before it released because it showed a 3rd party shooter from a series hat I already loved that was being designed specifically with this hardware in mind. I was sold since I play online shooters almost exclusively, and it was nice to see Nintendo getting one that was being tailor made for their new hardware, and also was not on the other consoles that I own. Seeing this game was huge for me. Of course Ubisoft didn't deliver.

So while there were other kinds of games that were fun to play before 2015 on Wii U. With the absence of Ghost Recon Online, it wasn't until Splatoon when I finally played a game that showed what I always knew that the gamepad was capable of. The quick and responsive touch inputs on the gamepad for a fast paced multiplayer shooter is incredible.

Nintendo unfortunately did not have the vision to use the gamepad as a communication tool in Splatoon as we heard Ubisoft Singapore speak about in their plans for Ghost Recon Online from the video. I've always felt like the Wii U losing Ghost Recon was also this console losing the software that would have shown the gamepad being used to it's fullest potential.

I often wonder if Splatoon would still be my favorite Wii U game had Ghost recon Online actually released on Wii U before it in 2014 like it should have.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: SS4kronos33

SS4kronos33
4 weeks ago#5
windwaker hd
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata (1959-2015).

User Info: CaptainWario

CaptainWario
4 weeks ago#6
For me it's Barbie's dreamhouse party, it may hide itself behind a layer of innocence but it is a wicked game at heart...also love the poneys.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: swablu

swablu
4 weeks ago#7
I was hyped for Yoshi Yarn but I got with with mario 3D world, then idk what happened to the system,it went down hill , after XCX was out pretty much it was a done deal
Waiting for: Danganronpa V3,Shadow of the Colossus Remake.The Last of Us Part II

User Info: digressive

digressive
4 weeks ago#8
My wife and I bought the Wii U for family gaming with our son. We have hundreds of hours of play in 3d World, Mario Maker, and Yoshi on his profile, so it certainly served its purpose.

On top of that, I have almost 300 hours in BOTW and more than 100 in Monster Hunter.

Lots of playtime in other games as well.

User Info: doutforharambe

doutforharambe
4 weeks ago#9
Breath of the wild, smash, mk 8, bayo 2, and mario 3d world.
Playing dat Persona 5!

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
4 weeks ago#10
Bought it late, for several games like Mighty No. 9, Splatoon and BotW. Yet most of the games I own aren't enough to make me fall in love with the system like every other console and handheld I've played and owned.

The NES has a fantastic library, the SNES has a great library, the Genesis is pretty damn good, the GBA, Wii, DS and 3DS totally rock it! This is just...there. I mostly use it for Wii games and retro games. Perhaps Yoshi's Wooly World will change my mind a little.
I'm a chick
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What game(s) made your Wii U worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.