What game(s) made your Wii U worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What game(s) made your Wii U worth it?

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
1 month ago#51
despite the atrocious control scheme (which it took me a while to get used to), star fox zero is f***ing amazing. i loved being part of a war going around me instead of just me vs everyone.
though the lack of star wolf compared to assault was very felt.
his theme in this game is the best rendition.

however, this game suffers the same problem arkham city has: they mix the audio from the pad and the tv. i f***ing hate that
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
"dont call gay art gay" -some mod. then WHAT is it, and WHATS its name????

User Info: GuyverXD

GuyverXD
1 month ago#52
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

clocked over 300 hours
Not changing my sig til SNK releasing King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited on PSN

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#53
Mainly Splatoon. I put over 300 hours in it. Splatoon 2 was also the reason I bought a Switch.

Other U games I loved:

-Smash Bros
-Bayonetta 2
-Pikmin 3
-Super Mario Maker
-Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: Venom3D

Venom3D
1 month ago#54
No particular game made me buy the system, but I knew it would inevitably get Mario and Zelda games. I bought the Deluxe bundle on sale for $300 two months after launch, just in time to get all the 30ยข Virtual Console games.

Games that made my purchase worthwhile:
Bayonetta 1+2
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Mario Kart 8
Pikmin 3
Splatoon
Super Mario 3D World
Super Smash Bros. U
Wonderful 101
Xenoblade X
Yoshi's Wooly World

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
1 month ago#55
For me, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2(yes I know they're Wii games), Super Mario 3D World & Captain Toad make it worth owning a Wii U alone, since I never had a Wii. Then games like Twilight Princess HD, Yoshi's Wooly World, Bayonetta 2 etc make it worth it a little more.
GT: Bludluvr Every now & then I like to stick my head out the window & pose for a satellite picture.

User Info: 6-19-7

6-19-7
1 month ago#56
Smash and XCX
Not a native english speaker - Post-ALBW Zelda detractor - If you're not a Metroid fan and don't give any form of support to it, you are my enemy

User Info: Mercenary12451

Mercenary12451
1 month ago#57
Bayonetta 2 was what made me want the Wii U. Took about a year or so after before I actually got a Wii U along with the first print of Bayonetta 2 that has Bayonetta 1 though.

I say these games were worth me buying the system
Bayonetta 2
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Xenoblade Chronicles X

User Info: Citan22

Citan22
1 month ago#58
Deus Ex: Human Revolution was the best, and most memorable experience i had all last generation. i did finally buy a 360 two years after the Wii U.. but the Wii U version of DE:HR was the one i played.

also played the crap out of Zombi U and RE: Revelations on Wii U.. but survival horror is my favorite genre so i was bound to love those games.

BOTW is, in a large way, the reason i knew i wanted the Wii U, but for some reason it doesnt have nearly the hold on me like Human Revolution did. i played that game for like 4 hours a night for a month and a half straight. with BOTW i play a week and take a few weeks off..
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Citan22/games/owned
Gamertag/NNID: Bonepill

User Info: adidazcub

adidazcub
1 month ago#59
BotW,Mario 3D World, Darksiders 1 & 2, MK8, Zombi U, Yoshi's WW, RE:Revelations, Wind Waker HD, NSMB U.

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
1 month ago#60
Citan22 posted...
but the Wii U version of DE:HR was the one i played.

I really regret playing the original PS3 version before that.
Wii U version is way superior. Bosses were fixed. All DLC got integrated into the game. Superb gamepad support. etc.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What game(s) made your Wii U worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived