Did anyone find Mario Party 10 surprisingly good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Did anyone find Mario Party 10 surprisingly good?

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
1 month ago#1
DK is back
I love a lot of these mini games. Its a vast improvement over the Wii games 8 and 9 at least.

Anyone else feel this way? ;)
Frog: Lower thine guard, and thou'rt allowing the enemy in.

Yeto_Reacher
1 month ago#2
https://youtu.be/Wxje3BDgjlo

User Info: Number090684

Number090684
1 month ago#3
Hell no. The game is lackluster and can be incredibly unfair because of all the minus mini stars on the maps and the bowser / bowser jr. lose half your mini stars penalty. The CPU LOVES to screw human players over by cheating with their dice rolls so they can make you start your turn in front of these so you can lose your hard earned stars.

It's bad artificial difficulty and game design at it's worst considering how consistently they pull it off. My girlfriend whom I usually play the game with have even lost a few games because of this. Despite not letting a CPU player win any mini games, they cheated with rolls, got a couple of high count map mini stars, and made us run into minus stars, and they got a high roll bonus at the end and beat us by two mini stars.

Same goes for Bowser Party. It's a pain in the ass to get away from him because of mostly rigged CPU dice rolls. The lack of maps sucks too. Honestly MP9 was better because you didn't have to worry so much because of CPU map shenanigans combined with minus stars.

MP6 is probably still my favorite because it's a lot more skill based than any of the games after it.
US PS4 PSN: Number090684

User Info: OboyHowdy

OboyHowdy
1 month ago#4
I like it, too.
So long, and thanks for all the fish!

User Info: YAMBAG84

YAMBAG84
1 month ago#5
It's alright. I just want them to go back to the original formula like they did with the N64 games. There was nothing wrong with them. All these new ones are too linear, short, and you don't even get to play as many mini-games during one game. I don't know why you would break something that isn't broken.

I'm really looking forward to Mario Party: The Top 100 on the 3DS.

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
4 weeks ago#6
It is still a good game, but locking 30% of the game behind amiibo support is BS

The classic game modes while still not as good as the first game, more fun than the main game, the VS browser mode also lacking still alot of fun
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: Forsto

Forsto
4 weeks ago#7
I honestly miss the star collecting aspect of the game. !0 was pretty boring.

Yeto_Reacher
4 weeks ago#8
OboyHowdy posted...
I like it, too.

Which character do you use? What's your favorite game board??

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
3 weeks ago#9
I see it as a decently good game. Not great, but no way in heck is it bad (that honor goes to Ultra Smash, if we're talking Mario games).

The vehicular gameplay definitely worked better in Bowser Party and despite having to buy amiibo, amiibo Party is my favorite of the three main modes.
Still waiting for a good Mario Tennis and Paper Mario RPG, Camelot and Intelligent Systems. R.I.P. Miiverse 2012 - 2017.

User Info: OboyHowdy

OboyHowdy
3 weeks ago#10
Yeto_Reacher posted...
OboyHowdy posted...
I like it, too.

Which character do you use? What's your favorite game board??

Spike or Mario; Airship Board and Yoshi Board.
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Did anyone find Mario Party 10 surprisingly good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived