Wii U is dead.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U is dead.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#11
A point that is obvious to everyone who hasn't been living under a rock. Also, in case you're not aware, the sky is blue, grass is green, and human beings require oxygen to live.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
1 month ago#12
Umm switch isn't a success yet, what is he on?

How can someone convince me it's a success if they only have the 2 games? all their multi release games are released years later and look worse then the competition ? or how about Namco bandai was surprised they even shipped (not sold) over 400k worldwide for DBZ Xeno 2? when they are selling 4x the amount on the other 2 consoles ?

I think Reggie started believing too much into his bs, how about we wait a year or 2 to call it a success ?
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: aux

aux
1 month ago#13
yahya_no_1 posted...

How can someone convince me it's a success if they only have the 2 games? all their multi release games are released years later and look worse then the competition ? or how about Namco bandai was surprised they even shipped (not sold) over 400k worldwide for DBZ Xeno 2? when they are selling 4x the amount on the other 2 consoles ?

I think Reggie started believing too much into his bs, how about we wait a year or 2 to call it a success ?

Sounds like someone is in denial... I don't say this in a snarky way either.

The Switch has already sold millions of units. Mario Odyssey sold 2 million units in a couple of days. As for the system only having 2 games, I think you missed a few... lol Plus there are more coming out all the time.

There's no need for anyone to defend the Switch. It doesn't need defending. It's clear that people love the Switch. And Nintendo loves the money it's generating.
---
Disgruntled Former iOS Gamer
yahya_no_1 posted...

Just because you are only willing to acknowledge 2 games doesn't mean thats all it has.
Brawl-FC-1203-8953-0974 (X40)
"Help!!! I'm being attacked by white transparent ninjas!" - pipeman

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#15
aux posted...
The Switch has already sold millions of units

But if the sales drop off before it hits 20 million, can you really call it a success? Just because something is selling well now does not mean it will continue to do so. For all we know, the Switch might get a few million more units sold than the Wii U, and then only sell triple digits every week after that. We can't know whether or not this will happen. All we can do is wait and see.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: LionLuBu

LionLuBu
1 month ago#16
Hate to say it but I regret buying the damn thing
FG expert at MKX: Sub-zero/kotalKhan SFV:MBison/Nash/Zangefi KOF:KIM/KYO/RYO Tekken:almost every character

User Info: doutforharambe

doutforharambe
1 month ago#17
Yeah its been dead bro.
Playing dat Persona 5!

yahya_no_1
1 month ago#18
Sounds like someone is in denial... I don't say this in a snarky way either.

The Switch has already sold millions of units. Mario Odyssey sold 2 million units in a couple of days. As for the system only having 2 games, I think you missed a few... lol Plus there are more coming out all the time.

There's no need for anyone to defend the Switch. It doesn't need defending. It's clear that people love the Switch. And Nintendo loves the money it's generating.

so we are basing a console success based on less than 1 year life span ? really? lol who is in denial now?

I think you need to go back in couple of years on the first year the WiiU came out and how you all were calming it was amazing console seller

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/how-successful-was-the-wii-u-launch

Nintendo : "The Wii U is currently a moderate success."

User Info: este914

este914
1 month ago#19
LionLuBu posted...

Why ... Maybe if you paid a lot for it. I really want to get one but waiting for that right price point.

-

yahya_no_1
1 month ago#20
este914 posted...
LionLuBu posted...

Why ... Maybe if you paid a lot for it. I really want to get one but waiting for that right price point.

I am happy with the WiiU, the small number of library it has suits my family kids just fine

4 good party games, 4 good fighters, 4 good platformers, 4 good exclusive titles, 4 good eshop titles, 4 good multi released titles aaaaaannd the whole Wii BC and it's VC

I think I can call it a day with the WiiU
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U is dead.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived