The Wii U is the best console of all time for couch co-op

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The Wii U is the best console of all time for couch co-op

User Info: solosnake

solosnake
4 weeks ago#1
So many great titles
"We would have no NBA possibly if they got rid of all the flopping." ~ Dwyane Wade
http://i.imgur.com/MYYEIx5.gif http://i.imgur.com/WGE12ef.jpg

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
4 weeks ago#2
I probably would have enjoyed it more when I was a lot younger as there were people around me all of the time to play these kinds of games with then. That is why nothing will ever beat the N64 with local co-op and multiplayer for me. That console was just there at the right time.

User Info: CyberHaunky

CyberHaunky
4 weeks ago#3
Gotta agree with the above poster. While I loved playing multiplayer with my Wii U the N64 was a beast for sitting with your friends, drinking a gallon of soda and playing games all weekend.

And honorable mention would be the original Xbox. My friends and I had massive Halo 1 and 2 tournaments in my garage all the time. 16 TVs and 16 copies of the game all hooked up in a single room: epic. Too bad those were more or less the only games we ever did it with.

User Info: este914

este914
4 weeks ago#4
N64 is best gets my vote here as well

-

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
4 weeks ago#5
Jumping on the N64 bandwagon. Honestly, I've enjoyed most Wii U games more alone that with others. 2D platformers on co-op just frustrate me a tad with the whole pulling-to-the-one-in-front thing.
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Battlefront (XONE); Overwatch (XONE); Pokemon Blue (GB); The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (GBA); RuneScape (PC)

User Info: DoMyEyesLie

DoMyEyesLie
4 weeks ago#6
While I think N64 is fantastic for local multiplayer and beats out most systems (though I also think Sega Dreamcast is right with it), I think you're right TC. When it comes to local CO-OP, as in, not local VS, Wii U is quite possibly the best system of all time. There's a TON of co-op games there.
Yay gaming

User Info: Alphrin

Alphrin
4 weeks ago#7
Yeah, Wii U is the only game system I've played co-op on in years. My siblings love playing Super Mario 3D World, Yoshi's Wooly World, Skylanders (which has DK and Bowser as exclusive characters), and Tropical Freeze with me.

User Info: Gum

Gum
4 weeks ago#8
Nah that's the 360. Viva Pinata and Halo 3 were great fun
"Though I may not be highly paid, I, Asato Tsuzuki, choose not to focus on such menial concerns as salary."

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
4 weeks ago#9
The Wii U never had enough games released for it that I was excited about for me to say that it was the best at anything. Sure. There were some excellent local co-op games on this platform that I've thoroughly enjoyed like New Super Mario Bros. U, Luigi U, and 3D World. That one time that a friend and myself played Hyrule Warriors and Metroid Blast/Nintendo Land was great too. Compared to the 16 bit console era though. It's not even close with the beat em' up game type alone.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#10
Give it some time. Switch is going to get there.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The Wii U is the best console of all time for couch co-op

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived