Do i have to delete the old file for Smash Bros, to star over?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do i have to delete the old file for Smash Bros, to star over?

User Info: Forsto

Forsto
1 month ago#1
I feel like starting over in Smash Bros, to unlock the characters and the levels again. How can i and not delete the old file?

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
1 month ago#2
make a new nintendo id and use that id to make a new save file
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 month ago#3
Are you talking about super smash bros for wii u? (as opposed to smash 64 or brawl on the wii channel)

If so, just use a different profile on the main menu, and you won't lose any of your data. The same goes for any wii u games, as far as I know.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: desaigamon

desaigamon
4 weeks ago#4
Ben111 posted...
make a new nintendo id and use that id to make a new save file

Gargomon251 posted...
Are you talking about super smash bros for wii u? (as opposed to smash 64 or brawl on the wii channel)

If so, just use a different profile on the main menu, and you won't lose any of your data. The same goes for any wii u games, as far as I know.

This works for most Wii U games, but it doesn't work for Smash because the save file is designated as a "Shared Save." Basically it's a single save file that is accessible by all profiles on the system. You'll have to connect an external drive and copy the save file to it, then remove the drive and start a new game. When you feel like going back to your old save, connect the drive again and copy the file back to the Wii U. If you don't have an external drive, your only option is to delete the file.
NNID: HonestCarl 3DS FC: 4012 3979 5838
Now Playing: Mario and Luigi: Dream Team (3DS), Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U), Skyrim (Xbox One)

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#5
desaigamon posted...
This works for most Wii U games, but it doesn't work for Smash because the save file is designated as a "Shared Save." Basically it's a single save file that is accessible by all profiles on the system. You'll have to connect an external drive and copy the save file to it, then remove the drive and start a new game. When you feel like going back to your old save, connect the drive again and copy the file back to the Wii U. If you don't have an external drive, your only option is to delete the file.

I wasn't aware of this, because I never felt like losing everything.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do i have to delete the old file for Smash Bros, to star over?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived