Wii U BOTW edition console: can the game be sold?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U BOTW edition console: can the game be sold?

User Info: Matt118

Matt118
4 weeks ago#1
Hi all,

I'm thinking of picking up a used Wii U since they're cheap(er) now. A lot of listings on Craigslist advertise a BOTW edition console with the game pre-installed. I suspect it doesn't really work that way, but I wanted to be sure. If someone has already associated the pre-installed BOTW software with their Nintendo account, the software isn't transferable, is it? Or does the pre-installation of BOTW persist when formatting the system?

Thanks in advance.
3DS FC: 0103-9383-4602

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
4 weeks ago#2
Um

I don't think a BotW edition exists

The game might be pre-installed but a special system does not exist to my knowledge
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: SSMajinVegeta2

SSMajinVegeta2
4 weeks ago#3
And I don’t think Nintendo sold any preinstalled
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
Satoru Iwata, 1959 - 2015 RIP GP God bless

Matt118
4 weeks ago#4
So that's why I couldn't find any info about this. OK, thanks. I guess people think they can buy digital copies and then just sell them with the system.

User Info: este914

este914
4 weeks ago#5
Just buy the physical game if you wanna resell it later on

-

User Info: ParadiseRegaind

ParadiseRegaind
4 weeks ago#6
There was definitely not a special BotW Wii U bundle console released by Nintendo. By the time BotW came out, most stores did not even have Wii U consoles in stock anymore.

User Info: tvmasterdoodles

tvmasterdoodles
4 weeks ago#7
https://youtu.be/jJxVQTYkQ04
"Roshi could mafuba Frieza into a Cooler to keep him Cold"

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
4 weeks ago#8
It could be a Wind Waker console with that game installed, or BOTW could be installed via their NNID.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Matt118
4 weeks ago#9
Thanks for the input, everyone. I’ll assume that I can only buy used games if they’re physical copies. No one on CL seems to understand that digital purchases are not transferable...
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U BOTW edition console: can the game be sold?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived