Wait, is there no way around this?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wait, is there no way around this?

User Info: MariaAlteration

MariaAlteration
4 weeks ago#1
So I bought Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii and now it's telling me I have to sync a Wiimote...except I don't have one with me.

This is my first time using BC with Wii U and I thought all you had to do was pop in the disc. Is there anyway around this?

Maybe I should have just gone with the 3DS version -_-

User Info: desaigamon

desaigamon
4 weeks ago#2
All Wii games running from a disc require Wii remotes to play on Wii U. There is no way around it.
NNID: HonestCarl 3DS FC: 4012 3979 5838
Now Playing: Mario and Luigi: Dream Team (3DS), Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U), Skyrim (Xbox One)

User Info: PStrife

PStrife
4 weeks ago#3
No, 3DS version plays on a tiny screen and uses caveman on-card RAM saving technology, Which makes it the worst version, as all those writes you keep making eventually stops working for someone down the line, the disc is best as it is not ultimately subject to those written saving rules. You can change and morph the saving problem with a disc over time.

MariaAlteration
4 weeks ago#4
Ugh maybe I'll just buy it on VC then. I looks at a few videos and I can basically click an icon on the gamepad and play it without the Wiimote?

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
4 weeks ago#5
Wiimotes are used in all Wii 1 games and alot of Wii U games use them as an additional controller for multiplayer games so its not a bad idea to pick one up eventually. Plus you can play the game on the wii pad with the wii mote if you play late at night or live with other people etc
Frog: Lower thine guard, and thou'rt allowing the enemy in.

MariaAlteration
4 weeks ago#6
Ok but will I be able to play XC with ONLY the gamepad with the disc though?? The few videos I've seen only show this with the VC version.

Yeto_Reacher
4 weeks ago#7
MariaAlteration posted...
Ok but will I be able to play XC with ONLY the gamepad with the disc though?? The few videos I've seen only show this with the VC version.

If you are referring to the Wii 1 game...you can use the wii u pad as a screen to play Wii 1 games. You will need a Wiimote and Nunchuck remote to play Wii 1 games.

It's better to own the physical copy of a game and buy remotes IMO, the VC is a crapshoot.

MariaAlteration
4 weeks ago#8
Ok maybe I'll just buy a pair of black Wiimote and nunchucks since my Wii U is black lol.

So will any Wiimote work? Even third party? I'm looking on Amazon and I can't find any officially sold by Nintendo.

Yeto_Reacher
4 weeks ago#9
Ok maybe I'll just buy a pair of black Wiimote and nunchucks since my Wii U is black lol.

So will any Wiimote work? Even third party? I'm looking on Amazon and I can't find any officially sold by Nintendo.

As far as I know...yes.

User Info: MannyCav

MannyCav
4 weeks ago#10

The last GameStop I walked into was still selling official character-branded Wiimotes for $30-$40. This was about a month ago.
Protest the protests! We need less division, not more.
People sleep peacefully... only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.--Grenier
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wait, is there no way around this?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived