Rate the Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Rate the Wii U?

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
3 weeks ago#11
9/10 for me. Its Game Pad was very fun to use for me and being able to have a map and inventory screen in my hands makes it all the more helpful, not to mention a great set of first-party titles (...well, let's leave Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival aside, shall we?). Sure, it would've been nice to see some more third-party games on there, but I can excuse that since I mainly care about exclusives for a console.

I am rather letdown that the Switch doesn't have dual-screen gameplay as it would've helped a lot having a map for me to glimpse at in Lego City Undercover (I still own on Wii U), Breath of the Wild (the Wii U version didn't thoroughly use the Game Pad either), and Super Mario Odyssey. But still, I like both the Wii U and Switch (so far).
Still waiting for a good Mario Tennis and Paper Mario RPG, Camelot and Intelligent Systems. R.I.P. Miiverse 2012 - 2017.

User Info: CaptainWario

CaptainWario
3 weeks ago#12
1. SNES
2. Wii U
3. NES
4. GameCube
5. N64
6. Wii

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
3 weeks ago#13
1. Gamecube
2. SNES
3. Wii U
4. N64
5. Wii
6. NES

I really enjoy the Wii U now as an adult and N64 then as a kid. They are practically tied. But I play the Wii U more.
Dr. Evil: My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.

Yeto_Reacher
3 weeks ago#14
Mozzezz posted...
And GC has nothing really going for it aside for the three Resident Evil games, Luigi's Mansion which is only ok, and WW which barely passes the bar as good. Melee

Third party:
6 Resident Evil games (2,3,code veronica WERE ports tho but still ultimate Resi machine)
Viewtiful Joe
Timesplitters 2
Skies of Arcadia
Tales of Symphonia

First party:
Wind Waker and Twilight Princess plus Master Quest and the 4 player Link to the Past game plus Collectors Disk (zelda,zelda 2, mm and oot) which if you bought Mario Kart DD when it was released Nintendo gave you a code and sent the game free. Ultimate Zelda console.

Mario Kart Double Dash!! (Arguably one of best in series and first online MK)

Metroid Prime 1 and 2
F-Zero GX
Pikmin 1 and 2
Star Fox Adventures and Star Fox Assault
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour
Mario Party 4-7
Waveracer Blue Storm
1080 Avalanche
Chibi-Robo!
Cubivore
Wario World
Dk Jungle Beat
Eternal Darkness
Super Mario Sunshine
Baten Kaitos 1 and 2
Fire Emblem

I know I am missing some but thats top of the dome. GCN was the ultimate Nintendo system next to arguably Snes and N64
Dr. Evil: My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.

User Info: NihiloExistant

NihiloExistant
3 weeks ago#15
2/10

It doesn't have enough games for it that I'm interested in for me to rate it average or higher.
--
A void, the proud and sinister dream of being nothing, of being always something other than I am.

User Info: Mozzezz

Mozzezz
3 weeks ago#16
Yeto_Reacher posted...
6 Resident Evil games (2,3,code veronica WERE ports tho but still ultimate Resi machine)

Of course I played the other Resi games on other systems, but I admit that it is kind of neat that it at least sort of pretty much has the best Resident Evil games ever released. I still wouldn't recommend skipping over the original RE or Director's Cut for the PS1 even with REmake, and there are a bunch of other RE games I still at least like.

Yeto_Reacher posted...
Viewtiful Joe

I have my doubts about a game based on this, and was never really into the series, but I'll at least give the series credit that the idea of it and a few parts from it made me chuckle.

Yeto_Reacher posted...
Twilight Princess

I think the motion controls at the time being in TP make this game nearly useless. I suppose I can't really discount it, but to me it doesn't add that much value to the system.

Yeto_Reacher posted...
Master Quest

I got screwed out of my copy of this game and it is the main reason I will forever hate GameStop (or actually I think the store I bought it off of at the time was EB but they are now the same company). I was busy and had to wait about a week to pick up my copy of WW + Master Quest that I preordered to get that combo, and GameStop gave me the bull crap excuse that I waited too long to pick up the game and they gave my copy away (which basically translated to me that one of the GameStop employees stole it for themselves). When trying to call the store and complain to a manager (for some reason I don't think calling corporate was an option at the time), I was basically treated like **** and given the run around. I can not wait until they are forced out of business. Still, that aside, though I really wanted it for the collectors aspect, I was never really that interested in actually playing it.

Yeto_Reacher posted...
4 player Link to the Past game

I don't think online was an option at the time so the multiplayer would have been useless to me as I didn't really have anyone to play multiplayer Zelda with, and had yet to develop any kind of real nostalgia ***** for 2D Zelda as much as I love the first game and ALttP. I still haven't played that game but I did play A Link Between Worlds which is also similar, and while good, I still don't think it was that great. The only 2D Zelda IMO that was really worth it after ALttP was Tri Force Heroes.

Yeto_Reacher posted...
Collectors Disk (zelda,zelda 2, mm and oot)

I still own all of them in their original forms, so I don't have much interest here.

Yeto_Reacher posted...
Mario Kart Double Dash
Metroid Prime 1 and 2
F-Zero GX
Pikmin 1 and 2
Star Fox Adventures and Star Fox Assault
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour
Mario Party 4-7
Waveracer Blue Storm
1080 Avalanche
Chibi-Robo!
Cubivore
Wario World
Dk Jungle Beat
Eternal Darkness
Super Mario Sunshine

I have almost no interest in the rest of those. At the top of my backlog out of all of those games is Metroid Prime 1. Prime 1 looks ok from what I saw, I watched my dad play some of it. I also do in fact own it. But still, it's way back there on my backlog. For me Super Metroid is pretty much the end all be all of Metroid lol, as it's the only one I've played that I feel is really a 10/10, and I don't expect the ones I haven't to come anywhere close to that.
SSBB Friend Code: 3823-8247-5632 N3DS Friend Code: 0189-8871-1995

User Info: Mozzezz

Mozzezz
3 weeks ago#17
Yeto_Reacher posted...
Timesplitters 2

Forgot to mention, I eventually got this for the PS2, but years later, despite owning the first one at the launch of the PS2. It was alright, but I don't think any games in the TS series really mattered beyond the first one.

Yeto_Reacher posted...
Skies of Arcadia
Tales of Symphonia

I also don't really have much interest in either of these games.
SSBB Friend Code: 3823-8247-5632 N3DS Friend Code: 0189-8871-1995

Yeto_Reacher
3 weeks ago#18
Well to each their own. IMO Chibi-Robo! Is damn near worth owning a GCN for. Just a personal opinion. I love the developer, Skip, they just have never released much stateside.

Timesplitters 2 is my personal favorite of the franchise and possibly multiplayer was a factor but remember loving the campaign and additional single player modes.

Also Eternal Darkness >> Any Resi game

Yeto_Reacher
3 weeks ago#19
Aand for some insane reason I forgot Animal Crossing which was a sin. Sorry God.

User Info: NejiHyuga900

NejiHyuga900
3 weeks ago#20
I'll give it 4/5. Great/amazing first and second party titles and is backward compatible and has Virtual Console but lacks in AAA third party.
Xbox/Windows Gamertag and Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
PSN and Steam: NejiHyuga900
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Rate the Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived