I think the next Nintendo Switch model should be able to play Wii U discs and...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I think the next Nintendo Switch model should be able to play Wii U discs and...

User Info: YAMBAG84

YAMBAG84
4 weeks ago#1
I think the next Nintendo Switch model should be able to play Wii U discs and 3DS cartridges. Do you agree? This way no one has to buy another Wii U for back up. It's just not like the good ol' days buying a duplicate console for super cheap anymore...especially with Nintendo now. Christ almighty, everything is even twice as expensive, because of scalpers.

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
4 weeks ago#2
I don’t see it happening. The Switch uses a different architectur compard to the U and the 3DS, and as such native backwards compatibility is not possible.
Rest in peace, beloved Wii Shop Channel.

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
4 weeks ago#3
All Nintendo has to do is make a damn accessory for the Switch that is similar to the Wii U gamepad for when the unit is docked so that I can play Splatoon 2 with a second screen map like I prefer, and they can resell Wii U games in the eshop for the Switch digitally like we all know Nintendo wants to do.

User Info: elsmitty

elsmitty
4 weeks ago#4
I feel they may eventually port several wii u and 3ds games to the switch. But emulating wii u I think would be out of the question for the switch until a serious hardware upgrade 4 or 5 years in the future.

The 3ds will be hard cause of a lack of two screens.

The only reason why the wii u could do ds games was because it had 2 screens.

Maybe the wii u gamepad will be made useable in the future for the switch and you'll get 3ds/ds games then but it would only be useable in docked mode.

I feel like if you want to play 3ds/ds games on the go you'll need to invest in a 3ds.

Also this topic should be on the switch board.
3ds friend code - 5069-4253-9174
steam profile - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077085301/

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
3 weeks ago#5
Skill4Reel posted...
All Nintendo has to do is make a damn accessory for the Switch that is similar to the Wii U gamepad for when the unit is docked so that I can play Splatoon 2 with a second screen map like I prefer, and they can resell Wii U games in the eshop for the Switch digitally like we all know Nintendo wants to do.

That sounds like a Switch U.
Dr. Evil: My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I think the next Nintendo Switch model should be able to play Wii U discs and...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived