Now that the hype is gone...how do you REALLY feel about Xenoblade Chronicles X?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Now that the hype is gone...how do you REALLY feel about Xenoblade Chronicles X?

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
4 weeks ago#11
eh, was really looking forward to it after xenoblade
it was fun for the 1st few hours, then it became a chore
getting the mech midway(?) through kinda helped breath new life into it
but then i got bored again lol

idk if ill ever finish it tbh...
its been months since ive last played it
KPop

User Info: GlitchtheMiner

GlitchtheMiner
4 weeks ago#12
Ive almost hit 50 hours in the game (or I already have cant remember) and im starting to lose steam. I find most of the music annoying and I dont really care about the plot to much. Love the gameplay though. The Skells are a ton of fun. Ill probably finish it one day it will just take me a while.
Romans 10:9

User Info: Xeno_Cyclops

Xeno_Cyclops
4 weeks ago#13
dezmomo posted...
Loved it, but not a big fan of the way they told the story. Liked the first one more.
R.I.P. Scalebound
Not changing this sig until Capcom brings back Rival Schools or Darkstalkers. Started 4/29/15

User Info: Erhnam Djinn

Erhnam Djinn
4 weeks ago#14
Loved the game. It's included in my Top 20 RPGs. The exploration was top notched when using the Skells. I remember farming and copying those insane builds on Youtube. I loved being overpowered and at the same time some enemies are still more powerful than you.

It's just sad that we may not get a sequel after that ending.
You could never understand the humiliation I have gone through. . . The burden of having to be the best. . . of having to be worthy.

User Info: TLeHn

TLeHn
4 weeks ago#15
For each step it went forward, it went ten steps backwards in other aspects.

So many design flaws ot this game could have been fixed if they just asked themselves "is this what the player really wants"? Does the player really want to repeatedly run around the city to pick up party members? Does the player really want to hear music with vocals during battles and -voiced- cutscenes? Does the player really want the music to restart every time you jump after getting the flight module? Does the player really want a protagonist where the story would not have changed at all if he wasn't there? Does the player really want to know all the continents on the map and their structure without ever having visited them? Does the player really want to have bazillions of minor characters that can all be reduced to a single character trait? etc etc...

This game showed me how exploration cannot carry a game by itself. All in all, it's not a bad game, but a huge disppointment coming from Xenoblade.

User Info: star_ark

star_ark
3 weeks ago#16
annoying that so many monsters in each area are too high level to kill or too low level to bother with. i played up to getting a skell and had an ok time, but man that city music and overall atmosphere felt like a show for toddlers only starring adults. i felt like a handicapped child playing it

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
3 weeks ago#17
I only played 2 hours of it, but from what i played i liked it,
its just freeking hard, you got high level enemies walking around
and you cant fight with them til later in the game.
I was running from one of them and they followed me all the way
back to camp and killed me, oh i was mad...they dont mess around they will follow your ass...
You have to be cautious in this game...
Favs: Persona, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: Rufus_the_rat

Rufus_the_rat
3 weeks ago#18
Xenoblade X is one of my top 5 games of all time. Horizon Zero Dawn and Red Dead Redemption are the only others in the past 10 years to make that list.

The new Xenoblade 2 looks like a real step backwards, though.

User Info: finalrush7

finalrush7
3 weeks ago#19
500+ hours, third best game of all time.
Best 3 games of all time: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Xenoblade, Xenoblade X
Gone but never forgotten - Didier Drogba #11 - Chelsea Legend

User Info: Lhunthangion

Lhunthangion
3 weeks ago#20
200+ hours and there’s still a TON of stuff with the side quests I have to do. Fantastic game because I can always revisit NLA and still find things to do, and can still get lost in the massive open world.
I AM ERROR.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Now that the hype is gone...how do you REALLY feel about Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived