Now that the hype is gone...how do you REALLY feel about Xenoblade Chronicles X?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Now that the hype is gone...how do you REALLY feel about Xenoblade Chronicles X?

User Info: toswubber

toswubber
3 weeks ago#31
I really enjoyed it but I'm not sure when I'll go back to it.

The story was rather meh and the characters didn't do much for me (even with all their personal side-quests and stories). For me, there were too many characters which meant none of them really stood out very much. To add to it, the main character can learn everything the other characters know and AI is not great so the combat was just alright.

The character creator was a nice idea but felt lacking. The character models felt worse than Xenoblade in some ways.

Finding certain materials was a chore, just like in the first game. However, this one was worse because certain materials were only accessible online or some were just a lot more difficult without getting tickets online. I don't care about online, so that meant some materials were quite grindy and some I just gave up on!

Where the game shines is the environments. The world is a blast to explore and they did a fantastic job making the areas varied. The enemy design was top notch. The way you could mix and match your arts/skills to make your own 'perfect' build was pretty fun.

I didn't really like the split gameplay the skells provided but they were really awesome visually. Just flying around the world or jumping out of a giant mecha robot was neat.

I preferred the first Xenoblade music but after it all I did enjoy the soundtrack in X.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: __starsnostars

__starsnostars
2 weeks ago#32
I got bored 3 hours in and shelved it. Thought I would get back to it but I haven't touched it since.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDyXIXyAZq0
Please consider adopting a cat from your SPCA or local animal shelter.

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
2 weeks ago#33
.....There was hype for XCX?

That's funny, all I remember was nobody giving a f*** until a 13 year old girl had her bikini censored. Then everyone got up in arms.....
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: CherryTsundere

CherryTsundere
2 weeks ago#34
GuyKopski posted...
Disappointing sequel to a game that was already extremely overrated.

This, though I was more neutral about it than disappointed.
'Cause I'm a primadonna girl, yeah
All I ever wanted was the world

User Info: CherryTsundere

CherryTsundere
2 weeks ago#35
Endgame posted...
.....There was hype for XCX?

Yes, fanboys even touted it as the best RPG of 2015 and all that buzz.
'Cause I'm a primadonna girl, yeah
All I ever wanted was the world

User Info: CrimsonStrider

CrimsonStrider
2 weeks ago#36
Enjoyed the previous game's story quite a bit.

Bought this a year ago but just started playing in prep for the new game.

Initially wasn't really feeling it. 10-20h later I'm interested enough to finish the story, but not enough to feel the need to play.

I don't particularly like the battle mechanics in either of these games, unfortunately. I don't mind turn based stuff but active turn based (or whatever the term is) seems kinda dumb to me. I'd prefer something MH style or Horizon style if I had a choice but I know that wouldn't work well with a CPU party. That said. I'd probably prefer traditional turn based mechanics or something like KH.

Music in Primordia and NLA annoy the crap out of me. Reached the second area (forgot the name) and some island continent and don't hate the music there.

Perhaps one of my bigger gripes is that the music is so much louder than the dialogue.

Somewhat let down

User Info: rexcrk

rexcrk
2 weeks ago#37
Tried playing it last year and put in about 7-8 hours before giving up. It just isn’t for me. I don’t know if I don’t “get it” or what, but it’s a damn shame because I LOVED Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii (which I had just played for the first time two years ago). Was hoping for another experience like that.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

User Info: El_Zaggy

El_Zaggy
2 weeks ago#38
re-playing it because the game is so annoyign i tried multiple times but i cant finish it.

im now at chapter 5 doing boring fetching quests but I stopped to play assassins creed origin.

not even sure if i'll come back to this game after.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
2 weeks ago#39
I really need to give it a chance. The entire theme of the game just didn't appeal to me, and I'm especially not particularly fond of the "humans at the forefront" type of sci-fi/fantasy stories. It's pretty much the polar opposite of Guild Wars 2, which has a story I love due to subverting stuff like that (the formerly primitive warrior race ended up inventing the printing press and is the most technologically advanced as of GW2 for example). To have such a huge cast of different races/species and have almost the entire party be exclusively human (from the sounds of it) seems like wasted storytelling potential to me.

It's possible the plot isn't nearly as human-centric as I'd fear but there's just something about the combination of the generic player avatar and hearing what a pain it is switching party members as well as a supposed lesser emphasis on story that I admit caused me to only get a few hours in before stopping.

I'd love if my assumptions are baseless. It's a similar feeling I have about Mass Effect: Andromeda, which I do enjoy but once the major spoilers started coming in I just lost interest. That game doesn't revolve around humans, but the main plot itself took such an incredibly generic cardboard thin turn I'll come back to it later, probably.

User Info: Tidusune_Miku

Tidusune_Miku
2 weeks ago#40
Best exploration and world in a JRPG to date.
i am a vocaloid
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Now that the hype is gone...how do you REALLY feel about Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.