Wii U NNID Unlinking questions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U NNID Unlinking questions

User Info: j_coat

j_coat
4 weeks ago#1
I have a Wii U with an NNID linked account that I would like to sell, and I heard that you have to call Nintendo to unlink the ID before selling. Will unlinking allow me to retain all my purchases should I choose to purchase another Wii U? Should I format my system memory right away, or wait until the unlinking process is fully complete? How will I know when the unlinking process is complete, since I hear this may take several days? Will I receive a notice by email or by attempting to log in to the NNID over Wii U after it's complete? I also have a second unlinked Wii U account to play games offline, should I delete it before starting this process, or does this matter? I also merged my Wallet with the 3DS, will unlinking affect this in any way, or should everything with the 3DS remain as it is as long as I tell them to just unlink Wii U stuff only? Does Nintendo's site have a support page for this process because I couldn't find it there.

Also, will I need to go online with my Wii U and/or 3DS for this unlinking process at any point?
3DS FC: 4554-0356-4310 Garbodor / Cascoon / Whirlipede-Pokemon XY Safari

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 weeks ago#2
Yes, you keep your games.

You can format it and sell it now. Your NNID is tied so you can't use it elsewhere, but it won't be on the system for the buyer to see.

It can take up to 48 hours to unlink an NNID. Mine took about an hour and a half when I had to do it for me 2DS. I got an email saying it was done.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

User Info: j_coat

j_coat
4 weeks ago#3
Will going online after unlinking automatically erase my account from my Wii U only so no one will see it?
3DS FC: 4554-0356-4310 Garbodor / Cascoon / Whirlipede-Pokemon XY Safari

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 weeks ago#4
j_coat posted...
Will going online after unlinking automatically erase my account from my Wii U only so no one will see it?

Your profile won't get automatically deleted, it would just make you put in your email address and password to play the games you bought with it. You would need to format to actually get rid of everything.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U NNID Unlinking questions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived