The Wii U's s*** marketing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The Wii U's s*** marketing.

User Info: Aidgum

Aidgum
3 weeks ago#1
https://youtu.be/SChWdprUnzw
https://youtu.be/BvDqWB89m94

Discuss.

I'm honestly never going to let Nintendo live this down, even though with the Switch they actually decided to put effort and aim into them. Nintendo Power themselves even said during the N64 era that with marketing, young kids always want to do the things the older kids are doing so they want to do stuff that's cool and mature; but then years down the line Nintendo did the opposite of what should you do when advertising a console.
I'm weird.
[3DS FC: 2208-5262-5373] [Steam: PlasmaPower] [Xbox: plasmap0wer] [PS: Aidgum]

User Info: Beatperson14

Beatperson14
3 weeks ago#2
I like how they have the exact same ad, except with black people. Lols

Racist as f***
Stop. That's my Josh.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
3 weeks ago#3
Beatperson14 posted...
I like how they have the exact same ad, except with black people. Lols

Racist as f***

For the Switch you mean?
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: desaigamon

desaigamon
3 weeks ago#4
I'm surprised they did so many ads featuring Disney Channel stars considering that Disney Channel doesn't air commercials (non-Disney commercials anyway). I guess they probably showed them on Disney XD, but considering that channel's demographic is pre-teen boys, those ads would feel so out of place next to the fast and loud commercials they usually show there.

Also, Joe Keery was in there, presumably before he was on Stranger Things. It's always nice to see actors before they were famous.
NNID: HonestCarl 3DS FC: 4012 3979 5838
Now Playing: Mario and Luigi: Dream Team (3DS), Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U), Skyrim (Xbox One)

User Info: Mozzezz

Mozzezz
3 weeks ago#5
The funny thing is I don't think I've ever seen even one of those ads, and one was a Nick ad and I was watching Turtles 2012 for a bit. I was also watching a half decent amount of TV when at least some of these ads should have been released. So it beats me where they were actually advertising the thing.

Still, though the bad advertising may have mattered some, I think people give the masses too little credit and can't accept that after the Wii they mostly moved on to smart phones and tablets and couldn't justify a Wii U cause in many ways it just looked like a lower end of the smart phone and tablet line (though I myself think there are many great aspects about the system).

Also the funniest thing is the wall full of available amiibos, probably one of the biggest lies in advertising lol.
SSBB Friend Code: 3823-8247-5632 N3DS Friend Code: 0189-8871-1995

User Info: Mozzezz

Mozzezz
3 weeks ago#6
Aidgum posted...
young kids always want to do the things the older kids are doing so they want to do stuff that's cool and mature; but then years down the line Nintendo did the opposite of what should you do when advertising a console.

Well I mean many of those commercials not only have the parents playing with the kids but also show them as very interested in the games, which kind of makes them look mature. And some of them have what I guess are suppose to be older kids playing the system, even though most of them still look pretty young lol.
SSBB Friend Code: 3823-8247-5632 N3DS Friend Code: 0189-8871-1995

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
3 weeks ago#7

Is not why Wii U flopped.

That would be the Wii U's s*** games.

Look how it took just one good game to get people aboard the Switch train.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: Alphrin

Alphrin
3 weeks ago#8
Endgame posted...

Did a Wii U game kill your parents or something?

User Info: vanille987

vanille987
3 weeks ago#9
Alphrin posted...
Endgame posted...

Did a Wii U game kill your parents or something?

Those discs are sharp you know.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The Wii U's s*** marketing.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived