So... I'm gonna cave and buy a Wii U

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So... I'm gonna cave and buy a Wii U

User Info: IvoEska

IvoEska
3 weeks ago#1
I've just started playing Xenoblade on the 3DS, surprised myself for actually liking it, looked at Xenoblade X clips on youtube and decided that it looks good enough for me to want to buy.

I mean, I also have never played Wind Waker/Twilight Princess before, and I have 3U on the 3DS but the late game grind as a solo player is awful - 20 minutes per monster is not fun! So I think these 4 games justify my Wii U purchase.

Am I insane? Tell me I'm not insane.

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
3 weeks ago#2
Not insane. I love mine.
Dr. Evil: My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.

User Info: vanille987

vanille987
3 weeks ago#3
Be sure to look at virtual console too if you didn’t own previous nintendo systems.

User Info: ElNachoCheese

ElNachoCheese
3 weeks ago#4
Honestly, a great system. I recently decided to do some collecting for it. I've had my system since 2013 and I still play and love it.
Twitch.tv/ElNachoCheese
PSN/NNID/Steam/XBOX: ElNachoCheese
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: propane_197

propane_197
3 weeks ago#5
I plan on getting one too. I was considering a switch but there's nothing that appealing to me thats either released or coming soon. I have an itch to play some older Wii games as well.

User Info: Aaron44126

Aaron44126
3 weeks ago#6
Original Xenoblade might be worth picking up on Wii U as well, it's just $20 from the eShop --- if you haven't gotten to far into it on the 3DS yet --- you can use the Gamepad to play and the graphics are better than on the 3DS.

User Info: Ace-McCloud

Ace-McCloud
3 weeks ago#7
The Wii U is great. It can play every console Zelda game, plus a few of the portable ones. That fact alone makes it awesome.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

User Info: MG_Salad

MG_Salad
3 weeks ago#8
The Wii U and PSVita are hidden gem consoles. A lot of gamers will give you hell for buying them in many circles, saying things such as "PS4 is superior" and "The 3DS is better" but in reality they're all so different that you'd be doing yourself a disservice by ignoring them.
The best things in life aren't allowed to be discussed on GameFaqs.

User Info: IvoEska

IvoEska
3 weeks ago#9
propane_197 posted...
I plan on getting one too. I was considering a switch but there's nothing that appealing to me thats either released or coming soon. I have an itch to play some older Wii games as well.

The Switch titles I am very interested in are going to take forever to release... Project Octopath, Hollow Knight, next main Phoenix Wright game. Probably mid 2019, so makes no sense to buy a Switch right now

Strangely I'm not liking the look of Xenoblade 2 at all. The character models look too generic, the art looks generic, and not a fan of that voice acting either. The bad British VA in Xenoblade is endearing, but hearing the main character switch from Welsh to Scottish accents in the same sentence in 2 is jarring. Anyway.

Aaron44126 posted...
Original Xenoblade might be worth picking up on Wii U as well, it's just $20 from the eShop --- if you haven't gotten to far into it on the 3DS yet --- you can use the Gamepad to play and the graphics are better than on the 3DS.

I wonder why it's so much cheaper on Wii U. How frustrating! In any case, it looks alright on the small screen and I like the fact that it's portable.

MG_Salad posted...
The Wii U and PSVita are hidden gem consoles. A lot of gamers will give you hell for buying them in many circles, saying things such as "PS4 is superior" and "The 3DS is better" but in reality they're all so different that you'd be doing yourself a disservice by ignoring them.

Good thing that I own both the PS4 and 3DS then, and still looking for something new haha

Honestly in real life, a lot of "gamers" I know don't even know what the latest iteration of the Xbox is called and think the last Nintendo home console was the Wii in 2008. I don't really have a gaming circle, I just do what I want lol

User Info: MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola
2 weeks ago#10
Wii U is always a good time 2 buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoaCPo5QtSw
I like og Xbox so much I made a youtube about it.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdLoMsQgAsN0scmkQvievLA
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So... I'm gonna cave and buy a Wii U

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.